ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 ICT to Tier 2 Dependent question

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

hariharan001
Newly Registered
India

Tier 2 ICT to Tier 2 Dependent question

Post by hariharan001 » Sat Oct 28, 2017 10:00 am

Hi,

I am currently on a Tier 2 ICT visa. My wife was on a Tier 2 ICT dependent visa. Recently she got converted to Tier 2 General visa. I am planning to get converted to Tier 2 General Dependent visa from Tier 2 ICT visa.

I have a few questions

1.) Is it possible to convert myself from a Tier 2 ICT visa to Tier 2 general dependent visa?
2.) My wife was issues a Tier 2 General CoS valid from Oct 2017 to Jan 2018. In her CoS it says "Tick to vertify maintainance for migrants(and dependents, if applicable)" with a value of "Y". Can i as a dependent use the same CoS to apply for a dependent visa? Or should i ask the company to provide a separate CoS as my name is not there in the CoS?If yes, do i have to show separate proof of maintanance or is my wife's Cos enough?
3.) If i can use my wife's CoS, should i use it before Jan 2018? After Jan 2018 can i use the same CoS? Or after Jan 2018, the company which offered my wife a CoS, has to raise a new restricted Cos? Will the new restricted CoS contain the dependent's name?
4.) Will the new CoS be subject to the cap?

hariharan001
Newly Registered
India

Re: Tier 2 ICT to Tier 2 Dependent question

Post by hariharan001 » Sat Oct 28, 2017 8:22 pm

Any help please?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Oct 29, 2017 10:30 am

1. Yes.

2. You don't need your own CoS. You need to show maintenance funds if the sponsor is not certifying maintenance for you as the dependent.

3. The CoS has nothing to do with you. You are dependent on your spouse not her sponsor.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

hariharan001
Newly Registered
India

Post by hariharan001 » Sun Oct 29, 2017 10:54 am

Thank you for that.

With regards to
2.) I have been in tier 2 ICT for quite sometime with 60k+ as my yearly salary. My personal banking account into which my salary was credited doesnt have the minimum maintanence balance for the last three months. Therefore I have to rely on the CoS issued to my wife to show my maintanance. However, should the CoS contain dependents name? It however says that sponsor is providing maintanance for the main applicant and the dependents too and this CoS is valid only till Jan 2018. So if i have to use this CoS(provided i can use this CoS to show proof my maintanance), should i use it before it expires?

hariharan001
Newly Registered
India

Post by hariharan001 » Mon Oct 30, 2017 3:39 pm

Any pointers please?

hariharan001
Newly Registered
India

Post by hariharan001 » Thu Nov 09, 2017 5:59 pm

Any help please?

GPSMASTER
Newly Registered

Post by GPSMASTER » Fri Nov 10, 2017 10:10 am

Hello,
My wife recently moved to t2 g and I switched as her dependent from ICT (same as you ).
Firstly pease men sure your wife gets entry clearance from home country within the cos validity.

You can apply to switch along with her outside the county or after she collects the brp in country .

I did in country, and I had to provide bank statements to show the funds . but it never asked for the cos of main applicant .

My suggestion would be to start filling out the application and before you submit , it will let you know the list of documents you require. Also as per my understanding the maintenance need not be in GBP even other currency holdings can be shown , please check this option

All the best. G