ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA REJECTED.

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

naeem84
Newly Registered
United Arab Emirates

EEA REJECTED.

Post by naeem84 » Sat Oct 28, 2017 10:54 am

Hi every one,
I need help with my EEA right of retain of residence application.
I submited my application July 25th 2017 on the base that my marriage has been break down after 4 years. We lived togather for 4 year and working both . I have all her working records such as pay slips p 60 etc. But she has refused to give me her original passport . I did manage to send her PP copy . However home office is not happy with passport copy they expecting me to provide original passport. Providing original passport to home office is beyond my control and she is not corporating to provide any orignal Id's.
Refusal is just 1 point saying "I have submit no evidence of sponsor's nationality.
Please advice what shall i do , however after involving mine and her friends to talk to her , she agreed to give me attested copy from solicitors only. Will that be accepted by HO ?
Shall I go for appeal ?
Shall I write to home office to reconsidered?
Please give best option .

Thank you every1

Hstepper07
Nigeria

Re: EEA REJECTED.

Post by Hstepper07 » Sat Oct 28, 2017 1:17 pm

This is a hot topic in the forum without a conclusive outcome.
In the meantime you should exhaust your appeal right.
It will not also not hurt to reapply and include a covering letter explaining why you are experiencing difficulty in obtaining your partners ID. A member has recently reported a successful initial application doing this.

Jbkhan32

Post by Jbkhan32 » Sat Oct 28, 2017 3:51 pm

What nationality you are?
Did you explained your situation to home office that circumstances are beyond your control to provide the original identity of your ex?

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Sat Oct 28, 2017 6:50 pm

You should try and exercise a right of appeal if you have been given one.

I have had to initiate judicial review proceeding, or threaten one before appeal rights are granted in some case, so those being granted appeal rights are most fortunate.

You are best advised to pursue it.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

allenboo
- thin ice -

Post by allenboo » Sat Nov 11, 2017 6:37 am

Hi Naeem.
Did you get the first five years EU residence, or you are just applying for retained right without first applying for the EU first five years.