ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

TRAVELLING TO THE UK WITHOUT RESIDENCE CARD ON SS ROUTE.

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

vicboy
Newly Registered
Malta

TRAVELLING TO THE UK WITHOUT RESIDENCE CARD ON SS ROUTE.

Post by vicboy » Sun Oct 29, 2017 1:32 am

I am a non-EU Spouse of a British Citizen married with two kids all British citizens. We moved to Malta in June on the self sufficient route. We also applied for our residence cards on the same day. Their Maltese residence cards arrived like three weeks later. I am still waiting for my residence card to be issued and i have been traveling in and out of Malta using my Schengen Visa. We have a family engagement in England next month. My question is if my residence card doesn't arrive by then, can i apply for a six month visa/dependent ink at the border in france? based on that fact that my wife a British citizen has been exercising her treaty rights in Malta for the past five -six months. Listed below is the documents i plan to present at the border

1.Wife and Children's Maltese Residence Cards
2. My Maltese residence application receipt
3. Lease agreement that has both our names on it.
-----------------------

observer_haters
Poland

Re: TRAVELLING TO THE UK WITHOUT RESIDENCE CARD ON SS ROUTE.

Post by observer_haters » Sun Oct 29, 2017 9:57 am

vicboy wrote:
Sun Oct 29, 2017 1:32 am
I am a non-EU Spouse of a British Citizen married with two kids all British citizens. We moved to Malta in June on the self sufficient route. We also applied for our residence cards on the same day. Their Maltese residence cards arrived like three weeks later. I am still waiting for my residence card to be issued and i have been traveling in and out of Malta using my Schengen Visa. We have a family engagement in England next month. My question is if my residence card doesn't arrive by then, can i apply for a six month visa/dependent ink at the border in france? based on that fact that my wife a British citizen has been exercising her treaty rights in Malta for the past five -six months. Listed below is the documents i plan to present at the border

-----------------------
Yes, there shouldn't be any problem at all, take add with you the marriage certificate

vicboy
Newly Registered
Malta

Post by vicboy » Sun Oct 29, 2017 11:10 am

@ observer_haters, I forgot to put it on my list. I just wanted to be sure it is possible. This is all the documents I have for now.

4. Marriage Certificate
5. Comprehensive insurance Certificate for the whole family
6. Children’s birth certificates.

vicboy
Newly Registered
Malta

Post by vicboy » Mon Oct 30, 2017 12:38 pm

I am still waiting on the thoughts and advice of the senior members if this forum, @ Casa, @vinny, @Obie, over to you guys. Thank you

vicboy
Newly Registered
Malta

Post by vicboy » Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:20 am

Can anyone concur with the the advise i have been given by observer_haters? I need a response from the senior members thank you just to be double sure. thank you

vicboy
Newly Registered
Malta

Post by vicboy » Fri Dec 08, 2017 5:30 pm

well just to let everybody know. I successfully entered the UK by requesting for a dependent stamp at the border under EEA regulations 2016 while traveling with my British wife and two British children. It was pretty much straightforward. just like fifteen minutes delay and that was it, we were stamped in.I had two lawyers on standby and also tonnes of documents, but i didn't need them in the end. Thank you so much at observers_haters for your encouragement.