ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Unemployed housewife of BC

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Ppjpk
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Unemployed housewife of BC

Post by Ppjpk » Sun Oct 29, 2017 2:41 pm

Hello everyone, I am sorry if this question has been already asked, but I had a look at few posts here and I can't find my answers...here it goes...
I am Polish in the UK since 2002. I was registered with WRS once but my certificate expired as I changed my job before 12 months passed and didn't know I had to do it again...I know..it's my fault :( Anyway...I married BC in 2010 and had not worked since as I had children. During that time my husband worked or claimed JSA. We usually also received some tax credits onto both our names. Now 7 years passed and I would like to apply for PR and British citizenship. Can I apply npw or do I have to work first for 5 years? Thanks

Elizabella
Newly Registered
Canada

Re: Unemployed housewife of BC

Post by Elizabella » Mon Oct 30, 2017 3:57 pm

It doesn't sound like you have been 'exercising your treaty rights' for the past 5 years, so wouldn't be eligible to apply for PR under the EEA route. You can see more about the categories here: https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... nals-eun01

Basically you need to have evidence showing that you've been studying, working, job seeking, self sufficient, or self employed in the UK for a continuous period of 5 years since 2002.