ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA4 Application Retained Rights of Residence Surinder Singh

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Johnjk
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

EEA4 Application Retained Rights of Residence Surinder Singh

Post by Johnjk » Mon Oct 30, 2017 2:12 pm

EEA4 Application

My wife has been living in the UK for 5 years and married throughout this time to me a UK Citizen. She entered the UK on a EEA Family Permit and received a 5 year residence card in 2012. I have as a UK Citizen have not been working in the UK for some of the 5 year period but my wife has been working for the 5 years.
We are now seperated and considering divorce.
My question is
Would it be easier for her to apply for EEA4 after divorce based on Retained Rights of Residence or apply now based on spouse of UK Citizen?
(though since the requirements for Surinder Singh have changed regarding proof of moving centre of life to EEA country and I cannot supply these)
My understanding is that applying as RRR she would need to supply P60s for 5 years plus bank statements, marriage certificate and Degree Absolute and passport only