ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 extension - advice needed please

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

HBBB
Iran

Tier 2 extension - advice needed please

Post by HBBB » Mon Oct 30, 2017 3:21 pm

Hi All,

I'm on T2(G) that expires in 6 weeks and I'm about to apply for extension. My Employer just issued an unrestricted CoS for me. Start date on CoS is 19 Dec 2017 and my current visa expires on 09 Dec 2017. Once I noticed that, they added a note to my CoS online that start date is 09 Dec 2017 (last day of my current visa). However, they could not amend the start date itself. the note is shown on printed CoS. Would you help me by answering below questions:

1- Which date should I use for my extension application? 19 or 09 Dec?

2- If I use the date in sponsor note (09 Dec) instead of 19 Dec, would that be proving wrong information and causing any issue? bearing in mind that I've been working for the same company for about 3 years now.

3-If I use the start date which is in shown on CoS as start date (instead of sponsor note section), What happens while my current visa expires 10 days before that?

4-If I apply by post and for any reason get rejected, do I need to leave UK and reapply from outside?

5-If I apply by post and use 19 Dec, am I correct that because I'm waiting for an answer and I won't get the answer before 19 Dec, I'll be in UK legally in transition time?

6-if I apply using same day service and get rejected, do i have a second chance without leaving UK?

7- if they issue the extension starting from 19 Dec, will the gap from 09 Dec to 19 Dec break my continuous residency in UK when I apply for ILR?

Thank you very much and sorry for asking many questions. Some people say I have OCD in making decisions!

got
Newly Registered
Japan

Re: Tier 2 extension - advice needed please

Post by got » Tue Oct 31, 2017 12:15 am

all answers you need to ask your HR and or lawyer I just put my opinions 09 dec

2- If I use the date in sponsor note (09 Dec) instead of 19 Dec, would that be proving wrong information and causing any issue? bearing in mind that I've been working for the same company for about 3 years now.
you may like to also get a letter from hr about this

3-If I use the start date which is in shown on CoS as start date (instead of sponsor note section), What happens while my current visa expires 10 days before that?
do not get this?

4-If I apply by post and for any reason get rejected, do I need to leave UK and reapply from outside?
what could be the reason?

5-If I apply by post and use 19 Dec, am I correct that because I'm waiting for an answer and I won't get the answer before 19 Dec, I'll be in UK legally in transition time?
?

6-if I apply using same day service and get rejected, do i have a second chance without leaving UK?
Perhaps you will be given an AR or an appeal, you can use it while generate a new CoS ..

7- if they issue the extension starting from 19 Dec, will the gap from 09 Dec to 19 Dec break my continuous residency in UK when I apply for ILR?
do not get this

HBBB
Iran

Post by HBBB » Tue Oct 31, 2017 1:14 pm

got wrote:
Tue Oct 31, 2017 12:15 am
all answers you need to ask your HR and or lawyer I just put my opinions 09 dec

you may like to also get a letter from hr about this

do not get this?
Later on, if I want to show my residency in UK, There will be a gap between 09 dec and 19 dec I presume. is it important?
what could be the reason? Any reason, I just want to know what is the situation if they refuse to grant the extension? can I reapply or appeal inside UK even if it is after the expiry date?

?

Perhaps you will be given an AR or an appeal, you can use it while generate a new CoS ..

do not get this

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Oct 31, 2017 1:28 pm

do not get this?
Later on, if I want to show my residency in UK, There will be a gap between 09 dec and 19 dec I presume. is it important?
You must apply before your visa expires. The 'gap' is not important as it is a small gap.
what could be the reason? Any reason, I just want to know what is the situation if they refuse to grant the extension? can I reapply or appeal inside UK even if it is after the expiry date?
There are no appeal rights for PBS migrants. You would likely be given 14 days to reapply or do AR.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

sreevinya453
Newly Registered
India

Post by sreevinya453 » Tue Oct 31, 2017 3:06 pm

Hi,
My Tier 2 visa extension is under process .I checked in the UK visa application website, they show "Awaiting a decision" status.
My spouse is in the situation of getting a job which is almost confirmed and the employer is asking "CASE ID" for right to work check. Where can we find the CASE ID?.

Thanks

HBBB
Iran

Post by HBBB » Tue Oct 31, 2017 3:17 pm

sreevinya453 wrote:
Tue Oct 31, 2017 3:06 pm
Hi,
My Tier 2 visa extension is under process .I checked in the UK visa application website, they show "Awaiting a decision" status.
My spouse is in the situation of getting a job which is almost confirmed and the employer is asking "CASE ID" for right to work check. Where can we find the CASE ID?.

Thanks
No idea about Case ID but I'm sure if you provide a proof that shows you have applied for extension, they understand it along with other IDs like driving license or a bill temporarily.

My wife got a letter about expiry date of her visa and they mentioned they will accept the renewed visa or a proof of making the application for extension.

HBBB
Iran

Post by HBBB » Tue Oct 31, 2017 3:39 pm

CR001 wrote:
Tue Oct 31, 2017 1:28 pm
do not get this?
You must apply before your visa expires. The 'gap' is not important as it is a small gap.
There are no appeal rights for PBS migrants. You would likely be given 14 days to reapply or do AR.
Thank you very much for the help. I just made the application based on discussions here. I used 09 DEC and it was a straight forward application. At the end, what I got is:
1- complete application form
2- document checklist
3- biometrics enrollment letters for my wife and I.
4- some emails confirming the payments for application and IHS

Now my further questions are:

1-My wife's employer asked for a proof that shows we have applied for extension. Which one of above mentioned can be used as a proof? Should we wait to receive anything from HO regarding to receiving my documents by post to use it as a proof?

2- in T2 extension processing time thread, I can see people have received biometrics entitlement letter a few days after submission of documents or application. Why I got all of them straight way after finishing the payments? It says I have to post documents and give biometrics in a post office within 15 days. Is this normal?

3- On checklist, it doesn't mention anything like bank statement (to proof having sufficient fund for a month) or out marriage certificate, proof of address, etc. should I enclose them as well voluntarily?

I really appreciate your advice