ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

DES Refusal, can work during AR? can re-apply T2 during AR?

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

leihongchi
Newly Registered
China

DES Refusal, can work during AR? can re-apply T2 during AR?

Post by leihongchi » Mon Oct 30, 2017 8:47 pm

I applied my doctorate extension scheme (DES) in UK before submission of my thesis. I then graduated and obtained my PhD degree before the refusal decision of my visa application (due to financial document mistakes). I cannot re-apply any more (degree awarded) but I can go for an administrative review.
I have two questions:
1. May I ask, am I eligible to work during the process of the administrative review?
2. Am I eligible to make another application of a T2 visa in UK, if I find a postdoc position and get a COS during this process until, upon a refusal review decision (just saying), 14 days within receiving that decision?
(My previous visa was a T4 general covering my PhD study)

Many thanks

PPS832
Newly Registered

Re: DES Refusal, can work during AR? can re-apply T2 during AR?

Post by PPS832 » Thu Nov 02, 2017 7:56 pm

If you check the guidance, it states that Administrative Review can be asked if you think that the Home Office has made a mistake about the result of your application. If you think the mistake was from their side, then only they will consider the AR.

It also states that "If the applicant has new or further information, documents or other
paperwork that they failed to submit with their original application, they will
need to make a new application and pay the appropriate fee."

So if you think that the mistake was from your side, then I am afraid applying for AR will not be helpful.

sah10406
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Re: DES Refusal, can work during AR? can re-apply T2 during AR?

Post by sah10406 » Tue Nov 07, 2017 3:06 pm

leihongchi wrote:
Mon Oct 30, 2017 8:47 pm
2. Am I eligible to make another application of a T2 visa in UK, if I find a postdoc position and get a COS during this process until, upon a refusal review decision (just saying), 14 days within receiving that decision?
(My previous visa was a T4 general covering my PhD study)
Advise you post this question in the Tier 2 forum.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.