ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Getting permission to work in Ireland

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

DDeady
Newly Registered
Mood:
United States of America

Getting permission to work in Ireland

Post by DDeady » Tue Oct 31, 2017 7:53 am

Hello,
I am a older US citizen living with my guy in Ireland on a 90 day visa. He owns his own home and we thought living with an Irish citizen would be enough for me to get a work permit. It's not. We're happy and want to continue to living together. I came with limited funds and need to work. The visa I'm here on forbids me to do so. I have a Masters degree in history, a Special Education teaching license issued in the US and a CELTA certification. I've worked with developmental disabled students for more than 15 years. I have the experience and I understand there is a need for SNA in Ireland. Right now I'm volunteering and registered for a level 6 QQI certification course so I can eventually work as an SNA. I came here with my FBI background check and applied for Garde Vetting for the volunteer commitment.
I have an appointment with immigration on December 1st. I'd like permission to continue to live with my guy and work as a special needs assistant. Does anyone have any suggestions to help my case? Thank you.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: Getting permission to work in Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Tue Oct 31, 2017 8:22 am

You must leave the State at the end of the 90 days and apply for a work permit from where you are resident, this usually means being highly skilled.

Also you are not permitted to work AFAIK on a visit visa, paid/unpaid.

In order to live together as unmarried partners you need 2 years provable cohabitation.

Can you not marry?
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

DDeady
Newly Registered
Mood:
United States of America

Re: Getting permission to work in Ireland

Post by DDeady » Tue Oct 31, 2017 11:37 am

Thank you.