ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 to ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

UKBA-VICTIM
India

Tier 2 to ILR

Post by UKBA-VICTIM » Tue Oct 31, 2017 4:43 pm

Dear gurus,

I am qualifying for my ILR in a few days.

But i have few doubts regarding the absence letters and employment letter

Apart from my annual leave, I was absent for 2 weeks on paternity (Child born in India, 2012) and about 10 days on compassionate leave (Bereavement leave, 2016) all paid in full.. Do you I need to submit the birth certificate and death certificate for this or the employer letter is enough

for the employer letter does the below suffice for Employment

Croydon premium service centre
Lunar House
40 Wellesley Road
Croydon
CR9 2BY

DATE: XXX

Dear Sir/Madam,

Subject: Employment Letter - Application of XXXX for indefinite leave to remain in the UK under the Work Permit approved employment category

Name: xxxx
DOB: xxxx
Nationality: INDIAN

This is to confirm that XXX has been employed in the UK by XXX as a company sponsored (Tier 2 General) permanent employee under SOC XXX as XXX and currently paid xxx as basic salary

He is under company sponsored work permit (Tier 2 General) since XXX and we will continue to employ him after the ILR approval

Should you require any further information, please do not hesitate to contact the undersigned.

Yours faithfully,

XXXX– HR and Office Manager
For & On Behalf of XXX
Tel: XXXXX

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Tier 2 to ILR

Post by CR001 » Tue Oct 31, 2017 4:46 pm

Letter is sufficient but it is mandatory to submit an absence letter from your employer detailing your absence from the UK.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

UKBA-VICTIM
India

Post by UKBA-VICTIM » Wed Nov 08, 2017 2:36 pm

Thanks a lot for the response.. Yes, I do have the letter confirming the absences from UK as well!

I have the appointment next week..

On the documents side

1. SET (0) Application Form
2. 2 photos
3. Passports (including the expired ones)
4. Life in UK test result
5. UK masters degree Certificate + Transcripts
6. Employer letter (With SOC code and salary) with still required for the job
7. Employer letter confirming the absences
8. last Month pay Slip
9. Bank statement for 3 months
10. current BRP card

does this covers everything or i need to add any more documents

Thanks,

UKBA-VICTIM
India

Post by UKBA-VICTIM » Wed Nov 08, 2017 5:02 pm

Hello Gurus,

Has the tier 2 settlement requirement changed recently. Does the employer has to mention that they will pay the same salary for the foreseeable future

(c) The Sponsor that issued the Certificate of Sponsorship that led to the applicant’s last grant of leave must:
(i) still hold a Tier 2 Sponsor licence in the relevant category, or have an application for a renewal of such a licence currently under consideration by the Home Office; and
(ii) certify in writing:
(1) that he still requires the applicant for the employment in question for the foreseeable future,
(2) the gross annual salary paid by the Sponsor, and that this salary will be paid for the foreseeable future,
(3) if the applicant is currently on maternity, paternity, shared parental or adoption leave, the date that leave started, confirmation of what the applicant’s salary was immediately before the leave, and what it will be on the applicant’s return, and
(4) if the applicant is paid hourly, the number of hours per week the salary in (2) or (3) is based on.

UKBA-VICTIM
India

Post by UKBA-VICTIM » Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:26 am

Dear All,

Can some one please advise on the above

thanks,

makky86
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by makky86 » Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:59 am

UKBA-VICTIM wrote:
Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:26 am
Dear All,

thanks,
This requirement has always been there. Yo have to provide letter to confirm you're still paid at the correct SOC code and its over £35K and you will be reqruied for foreseeable furutr.e
II Youths a stuff neve endures II

UKBA-VICTIM
India

Post by UKBA-VICTIM » Thu Nov 09, 2017 10:44 am

makky86 wrote:
Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:59 am
UKBA-VICTIM wrote:
Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:26 am
Dear All,

thanks,
This requirement has always been there. Yo have to provide letter to confirm you're still paid at the correct SOC code and its over £35K and you will be reqruied for foreseeable furutr.e

thank you so much... but the letter I have got as below does it satisfy the requirement?. as it doesn't have the exact wording that they will pay the same in future.. In reality the salary increases with experience.. why would company mention that they pay the same in foreseeable future

Lunar House
40 Wellesley Road
Croydon
CR9 2BY

Dear Sir/Madam,

Subject: Employment Letter - Application of XXXX for indefinite leave to remain in the UK under the Work Permit approved employment category

This is to confirm that XXX has been employed in the UK by XXX as a company sponsored (Tier 2 General) permanent employee under SOC XXX as XXX and currently paid £35000 as basic salary

He is under company sponsored work permit (Tier 2 General) since XXX and we will continue to employ him after the ILR approval

Should you require any further information, please do not hesitate to contact the undersigned.

Yours faithfully,

For & On Behalf of XXX

makky86
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by makky86 » Thu Nov 09, 2017 11:13 am

thank you so much... but the letter I have got as below does it satisfy the requirement?. as it doesn't have the exact wording that they will pay the same in future.. In reality the salary increases with experience.. why would company mention that they pay the same in foreseeable future

Lunar House
40 Wellesley Road
Croydon
CR9 2BY

Dear Sir/Madam,

This is to confirm that XXX has been employed in the UK by XXX as a company sponsored (Tier 2 General) permanent employee under SOC XXX as XXX and currently paid £35000 as basic salary

Yours faithfully,

For & On Behalf of XXX

Ideally this should be fine but it would better if you can get letter with explicity mentioning "employee will be required for foreseeable future"

UKBA-VICTIM
India

Post by UKBA-VICTIM » Thu Nov 09, 2017 11:30 am

makky86 wrote:
Thu Nov 09, 2017 11:13 am

Lunar House
40 Wellesley Road
Croydon
CR9 2BY

Dear Sir/Madam,

Yours faithfully,

For & On Behalf of XXX

Ideally this should be fine but it would better if you can get letter with explicity mentioning "employee will be required for foreseeable future"
Thanks a lot once again.. I will request my HR to change the wording as advised..Do we need to add the line that the employee will be paid same amount in the foreseeable future.. as well.

makky86
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by makky86 » Thu Nov 09, 2017 12:03 pm

Thanks a lot once again.. I will request my HR to change the wording as advised..Do we need to add the line that the employee will be paid same amount in the foreseeable future.. as well.

It is not the same amount. Basically the letter should mention that you'll still be paid as per the SOC code. It can go up but at minimum it should be more than £35K and as per SOC code. If SOC code require £39K then you should be paid more than £39K

UKBA-VICTIM
India

Post by UKBA-VICTIM » Thu Nov 09, 2017 2:06 pm

makky86 wrote:
Thu Nov 09, 2017 12:03 pm

It is not the same amount. Basically the letter should mention that you'll still be paid as per the SOC code. It can go up but at minimum it should be more than £35K and as per SOC code. If SOC code require £39K then you should be paid more than £39K

Thank you :-)

UKBA-VICTIM
India

Post by UKBA-VICTIM » Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:26 am

Thank you to all Contributors, Moderators and Gurus on the forum.. I got my ILR approved yesterday... Thanks a lot for the support.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:39 am

UKBA-VICTIM wrote:
Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:26 am
Thank you to all Contributors, Moderators and Gurus on the forum.. I got my ILR approved yesterday... Thanks a lot for the support.
Congrats, very pleased for you.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

makky86
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by makky86 » Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:41 pm

UKBA-VICTIM wrote:
Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:26 am
Congratulations , to help other, post your experience here

indefinite-leave-to-remain/successful-p ... 67234.html