ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(FP) Father of British child - no right to work anymore

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Obilino
Newly Registered
Ghana

FLR(FP) Father of British child - no right to work anymore

Post by Obilino » Wed Nov 01, 2017 2:52 am

FLR (FP) father of a british child
Application submitted 26/07/2017
Bio done 25/08/2017
Still waiting for a decision

I have a question:
I had a spouse visa which was curtailed because i applied as a victim of domestic violence which was also refused. I was given 14 days to apply for an admin review which I did before the 14 days elapsed. I then applied under FLR (FP) route before the admin review decision came through as a refusal.

Unfortunately, my employer did an annual ECS check with the home office recently and the report came out as negative with a statement saying: "An application has been submitted but this was done so after the expiry of the persons previous leave". I am really confused because I had an application in before the decision on the admin review was made and I don't understand why HO has taken my right to work pending the outcome of my application when they know as stated in my personal statement as part of my application, that I am 70% financially responsible for my child. Can anyone shed more light on this please..

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: FLR(FP) Father of British child - no right to work anymore

Post by CR001 » Wed Nov 01, 2017 10:16 am

You applied after your visa expired and as you submitted a new application while AR was pending, the AR would have been withdrawn automatically and ending your Section 3C protection.

You should have waited for the AR to be concluded.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Obilino
Newly Registered
Ghana

Re: FLR(FP) Father of British child - no right to work anymore

Post by Obilino » Wed Nov 01, 2017 10:51 am

Cr001 thanks for you reply. My spouse visa was due to expire march 2019 but was curtailed June 2017 because I applied for DV. So do you mean if I had applied for FLR (FP) within 14 days after the AR decision was concluded as refused, I would have still retained my section 3C leave?

The AR decision still came through as refused and wasn't withdrawn even though I had already applied for FLR (FP) before the decision was made .

Kindly shed light.

Regards