ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK Standard Visitor Visa Sponsor Documents Query!

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sj101
Newly Registered
Pakistan

UK Standard Visitor Visa Sponsor Documents Query!

Post by sj101 » Wed Nov 01, 2017 10:53 am

Hi everyone, I'm new on this forum and I have a question regarding my sponsor's documents for my UK visa application. A bit of background:
My boyfriend and I have been dating for nearly two years and meeting every few months- we plan on getting married soon. He is a US citizen who lives and works in the UK, and I am a Pakistani citizen living and working in Pakistan. Both of us work full time. I applied for and got my 6 month visitor visa last year, but for that trip I had listed my parents as sponsors. I will be submitting the same documents as I did last year, including proof of employment and original bank statements etc for myself. However, this time around my boyfriend is the sponsor for the trip. I am sure the UKVI is aware that we are in a relationship, since they called him when I had listed him as my host last year and asked him to confirm details about my application pretty extensively. Moreover, they also asked me about the last time I had met him when I was going through immigration.
How important is it for his supporting documents, such as bank statements, proof of employment letter, pay slips, letter of invitation and sponsorship, etc be originals for this application? The last time the letter of invitation was emailed to me by him and I had attached a printout of it with my application. We want to apply as soon as possible, but asking for originals would mean he would have to courier the documents to me, which may take more time. Does anyone have any guidance on this or been faced with a similar situation? My circumstances, professional and travel history have been consistent since last year. Thank you!

edisonpayawal
Newly Registered
Mood:
Philippines

Re: UK Standard Visitor Visa Sponsor Documents Query!

Post by edisonpayawal » Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:38 pm

Hello, i applied for my mother as a tourist before.. i just scanned my documents nothing else. And visa arrived in 2 weeks from Philippines