ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse Visa - no current permission

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Douglas17
Newly Registered
Mood:
Ireland

Spouse Visa - no current permission

Post by Douglas17 » Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:11 pm

Hi all,

I'm just wondering if anyone has gone through the process of getting a spouse visa for a person that didn't have current permission to be in the state?

I'm an Irish citizen and married a non-EU national in February. We didn't renew my partner's visa before the wedding because the the cost involved and the fact we were getting married soon. We didn't realise at the time the implications of this, the longer time involved to process the application.

I'm just looking to find another's experience of this visa type and the time it took to go through the process. I can't seem to find a specific example on the board.

Thanks

Zoot7
Mood:
Ireland

Re: Spouse Visa - no current permission

Post by Zoot7 » Thu Nov 02, 2017 8:17 am

If there was permission to remain in the form of another Stamp or a D visa, it's just a case of paying a visit to the local immigration officer with both your passports and marriage certificate. However, because your spouse has no permission, you have to apply to the Department of Justice instead for the Stamp 4.

See this link, note that you have apply for the second route (labelled B there).
http://inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/WP07000024
INIS wrote: B. If you do not have current permission to remain in the State complete the attached Application Form and return via registered post to the following address:

Spouse of Irish National Unit
Residence Division
Irish Naturalisation & Immigration Service
PO Box 12695
Dublin 2
INIS wrote:3. How long will it take to process the application?

Applications can take up to 12 months to process. Applications are dealt with in chronological order of receipt.
Download the application form and you'll see exactly what's required in the line of joint proofs of address, proof of relationship, P60s, other finances etc.

Here is one such thread of someone who is going through the process of applying to the Department of Justice while having arrived on a C visa, it's been in excess of a 12 month wait for that poster.
ireland/confused-married-to-filipina-wh ... 14904.html
Topcat72m from above Thread wrote: 12 months waiting today. Still no response.

Ginmin
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Ginmin » Fri Mar 02, 2018 4:49 am

Does anybody know how long maximum they take? This is confirmed that they dont take less than 12 months for the application to remain if a person is overstayed or undocumented.

Rauli
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Rauli » Sun Mar 04, 2018 12:02 am

Hi guys
Has anyone been throw this process and got an answer in 12 months or does it take longer than that.
I have been waiting 10 months already and it feels like they never going to give me an answer
I tried to email them and just got the automated reply that you case is under process and thats all.
I hope to get an answer here from someone who has walked throw the same path

Douglas17
Newly Registered
Mood:
Ireland

Post by Douglas17 » Sun Mar 04, 2018 10:58 am

Waiting 11 months now, really don't know that to do.
Emails aren't responded to, zero communication received.

If we don't get a response when it hits 12 months, I guess I'll have to go to the office and stay until someone can give me an answer.

Rauli
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Rauli » Sun Mar 04, 2018 11:37 am

Hi
I think 12 months is enough of a wait and how can they proceed an EU spouse in 2 weeks to get a temp stamp 4 and 6 months after they get the 5 year stamp. For an Irish spouse the timeline is 9 to 12 months which is mentally draining and at the end of the day they give you no hope no communication and keep asking for the same documents which makes it twice as long to get an answer back. How can you move on with your life when you stuck waiting on the postman everyday :(
I hope to receive an update of anyone of you. We all seem to go throw the same situation
Thanks

lucidj
Mood:
Ireland

Post by lucidj » Wed Mar 07, 2018 5:59 pm

I have been waiting for 11 months and 2 days now. No nothing from them and I live in Ireland, all of this time unable to work or live a normal life :(

Dontjoke001
Mood:
Ireland

Post by Dontjoke001 » Wed Mar 07, 2018 6:19 pm

Some bastards working in EU treaty right unit. Those idiots don't follow EU rules. Those idiots ask always something papers which is not mandatory at all. They are sitting over to make nonsenses with real couple. I pray those idiots will die soon. 😁😁😁😁