ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

landlord letter!

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

khan85

landlord letter!

Post by khan85 » Tue Mar 04, 2008 6:47 pm

elow again evrbody!
i just need a little help...

im renting a flat where an agency was used to draw up a tenancy agreement, but they do not deal with anything else meaning that all repairs, rent, etc is none of thier business and i will have to contact the landlord directly.

was just thinking that tenancy agreement is such that it looks very informal infact it looks quite fake even though it is not. So someone told me that i should write up a letter from the lanlord side!

now i dont have a clue, and duno wat to write in this letter so can any one help me with this landlord letter that i have to type up? r has any1 got a template or sumthing.

i did look for it on the site but cudnt find anything similar... :( so any1??

Dave_Was
Newly Registered

Re: landlord letter!

Post by Dave_Was » Tue Mar 04, 2008 11:54 pm

khan85 wrote:elow again evrbody!
i just need a little help...

im renting a flat where an agency was used to draw up a tenancy agreement, but they do not deal with anything else meaning that all repairs, rent, etc is none of thier business and i will have to contact the landlord directly.

was just thinking that tenancy agreement is such that it looks very informal infact it looks quite fake even though it is not. So someone told me that i should write up a letter from the lanlord side!

now i dont have a clue, and duno wat to write in this letter so can any one help me with this landlord letter that i have to type up? r has any1 got a template or sumthing.

i did look for it on the site but cudnt find anything similar... :( so any1??
I would try and be upfront about this and ask the landlord for a letter stating how many rooms there are, what type of tenancy it is, who the tenants are and live at that address and that he has no problem with you staying there and if this is for a spousal settlement visa, that he has no problem with your spouse staying there.

Actually if the landlord is a private landlord going through an agency it maybe better to contact the agency first.

Actually could you let us know why you need this letter?

khan85

Post by khan85 » Wed Mar 05, 2008 10:01 am

thanks dave.

i spoke to the stupid agency and they wer so snobby they told me 2 ask my landlord.

so i did that and he told me to put the letter together and he will check n sign it.

but my english is so crap i cant even write a single paragraph. By the way it is for a spouse visa

so i was looking for an outline, of a letter so that i can edit it around :p

Christophe
Diamond Member

Post by Christophe » Wed Mar 05, 2008 10:12 am

khan85 wrote:but my english is so crap i cant even write a single paragraph. By the way it is for a spouse visa
Your English here is not too bad at all, although getting the tone of a letter right in a language that is not your own can be difficult.

Is there a native or near-native-standard English speaker (friend, work colleague) that you could show your letter to?

m000n

Post by m000n » Wed Mar 05, 2008 7:37 pm

I think if you have tanacy agrement from agency and councal survay leter then you dont nead any letter from landlord.wwhen you will fill VAF4 form it will ask the name of landlord and phone number.if they want then they can contact
tanancy agrement is legal paper and i advice you to please do not write any lanlord letter from yours self caz truth is best policy.if yours landlordwrite the letter then wel in good if not dont worry about this just submit yours case with tanacy agrement and local councal survey letter,you can add some photos of the place where you live and if you have any tanat the get one letter from tanat just show he/she pay you that much rent but its also not important,but added in my aplication just read my post hope it will help you to get some information and i m sure seniours memebrs of this forum will help you step by step,my application was also spouse visa
Good luck and bless you

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... 3720aa4642