ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

BRP Renew Before Expiry

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Baskaran_18
Newly Registered
India

BRP Renew Before Expiry

Post by Baskaran_18 » Fri Nov 03, 2017 9:03 am

Hi,
My child's BRP is due to expire next month (11th Dec). Could some one please let me know if I am eligible to renew the BRP now or should I wait for it to expire. In the Gov.UK website it has been mentioned I can submit for replacement BRP once it is expired. I am travelling next month and worried I would be questioned in immigration if I do not renew the BRP. Please help. The link I refer to is, and in the guidance notes it was mentioned as

For Which Applications Form BRP(RC) is to be Used?
Form BRP(RC) is to be used if you already have a valid Biometric Residence Permit or
Immigration Status Document (ISD) which you need to replace because:
• your BRP has been lost, stolen or damaged;
• your BRP has expired after receiving indefinite leave to remain;
• you are a refugee (recognised under the 1951 Convention) and your ISD has been
lost, stolen, damaged, expired; or you want to replace your ISD with a BRP;
• you have been granted humanitarian protection and your ISD has been lost,
stolen, damaged, expired; or you want to replace your ISD with a BRP.
You must be in the UK to apply. If you have any dependants who need a replacement
Biometric Residence Perm