ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

tier 4 refusal PLEASE HELP

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

joey zaza
Newly Registered
India

tier 4 refusal PLEASE HELP

Post by joey zaza » Fri Nov 03, 2017 12:41 pm

Hello everyone
I got refused on my tier 4 student visa based on the interview. They thought that I am not a genuine student and my answers were vague when they asked why I chose this course and my post-study plan and my answer was generic when they asked why I chose this university. When I saw the interview transcript I noticed that the interviewer did not write down all the points that i have mentioned. I have written the admin review myself and have already submitted 3 days ago. I want to know the success rate of admin review based on the interview and if I have good chances to overturn their decision. Thank you

Zee123456789
Pakistan

Re: tier 4 refusal PLEASE HELP

Post by Zee123456789 » Fri Nov 03, 2017 3:42 pm

What answers you gave?? Tell in detail.

joey zaza
Newly Registered
India

Post by joey zaza » Fri Nov 03, 2017 5:30 pm

1) When asked why you had chosen this particular course you stated “after talking to a few friends and seeing an opportunity in the finance sector in Bangladesh. I was always good at numbers; I feel it was the best option for me. I also enjoy doing maths and accounting, it’s the best option for me. “ This is a vague response and does not demonstrate how you will directly benefit from successfully completing this particular course in the United Kingdom. Given the overall expense of attending the course, this undermines the credibility of your application.

2) During the interview you were asked why you chose to study at this institution, you responded “they are expanding and investing heavily and expand in London and also in Coventry and they were ranked the top modern university from 2014-2016 in the UK. They have been the university of the year as well, and they have a good financial department, and the largest academic trading floor.” This is a generic answer and does not demonstrate that you have conducted any research in to the benefits of studying at other institutes. This lack of consideration also undermines your credibility as a genuine student.

3) Furthermore, when asked how the course will help you with your future plans, you stated “ After I graduate, as my brother did, my brother also studied MBA and joined our family business, and I want to diversify our business and open financial services and expand our company.” Again, this answer does not show how this course will directly help you to achieve your career goals or demonstrate specifically why you feel it necessary to obtain a degree in the UK in order to work within your family business.

these were the reasons for refusal

joey zaza
Newly Registered
India

Post by joey zaza » Fri Nov 03, 2017 5:37 pm

seems like some of the lines have been modified

Waqasrafiq2
- thin ice -

Post by Waqasrafiq2 » Sat Nov 04, 2017 6:44 am

joey zaza wrote:
Fri Nov 03, 2017 5:30 pm
1) When asked why you had chosen this particular course you stated “after talking to a few friends and seeing an opportunity in the finance sector in Bangladesh. I was always good at numbers; I feel it was the best option for me. I also enjoy doing maths and accounting, it’s the best option for me. “ This is a vague response and does not demonstrate how you will directly benefit from successfully completing this particular course in the United Kingdom. Given the overall expense of attending the course, this undermines the credibility of your application.

2) During the interview you were asked why you chose to study at this institution, you responded “they are expanding and investing heavily and expand in London and also in Coventry and they were ranked the top modern university from 2014-2016 in the UK. They have been the university of the year as well, and they have a good financial department, and the largest academic trading floor.” This is a generic answer and does not demonstrate that you have conducted any research in to the benefits of studying at other institutes. This lack of consideration also undermines your credibility as a genuine student.

3) Furthermore, when asked how the course will help you with your future plans, you stated “ After I graduate, as my brother did, my brother also studied MBA and joined our family business, and I want to diversify our business and open financial services and expand our company.” Again, this answer does not show how this course will directly help you to achieve your career goals or demonstrate specifically why you feel it necessary to obtain a degree in the UK in order to work within your family business.

]

You need to check 2nd interview thread and you will know why you do research yourself and biggest mistake few friends guiding you to spend thousands of pounds and you are going on friends advise instead of doing your own research.

joey zaza
Newly Registered
India

Post by joey zaza » Sat Nov 04, 2017 10:56 am

I've tried to explain myself the best way possible in my admin review and told them that there were a lot of factors that i considered before choosing this course and then mentioned those reasons. Do you think my chance of getting a successful admin review is minimal?

Waqasrafiq2
- thin ice -

Post by Waqasrafiq2 » Sun Nov 05, 2017 12:56 pm

joey zaza wrote:
Sat Nov 04, 2017 10:56 am
I've tried to explain myself the best way possible in my admin review and told them that there were a lot of factors that i considered before choosing this course and then mentioned those reasons. Do you think my chance of getting a successful admin review is minimal?
You never know. No one can assure you this. Good luck.

joey zaza
Newly Registered
India

Post by joey zaza » Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:15 am

thank you brother

ibadk28
Newly Registered
Bangladesh

Post by ibadk28 » Sat Nov 18, 2017 5:09 pm

Hello bro, my case is very similar like your one. I am willing to talk with you hence if you want than we can talk in whatsapp.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Nov 18, 2017 5:44 pm

ibadk28 wrote:
Sat Nov 18, 2017 5:09 pm
Hello bro, my case is very similar like your one. I am willing to talk with you hence if you want than we can talk in whatsapp.
Strongly suggest you read the forum rules. Members are not permitted to post ANY personal contact information (telephone numbers, social media, email) on the forum.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

joey zaza
Newly Registered
India

Post by joey zaza » Sun Nov 19, 2017 9:00 am

I guess we have to discuss it over here. Whats your situation bro? did you apply for an admin review?

ibadk28
Newly Registered
Bangladesh

Post by ibadk28 » Fri Nov 24, 2017 8:56 pm

Just like you and my admin review also failed. What about your admin review

tamzwillie
Newly Registered
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by tamzwillie » Sat Dec 23, 2017 11:11 am

joey zaza wrote:

i was denied with these same exact reasons. so what are you doing now? are you gonna apply to another university and re apply again?

srijannpratap
Newly Registered
India

Post by srijannpratap » Tue Jul 31, 2018 11:26 am

tamzwillie wrote:
Sat Dec 23, 2017 11:11 am
joey zaza wrote:

i was denied with these same exact reasons. so what are you doing now? are you gonna apply to another university and re apply again?
i want to know what happened after refusal? did you apply again?