ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse of EEA national with 5 years residence card

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

imnewhere

Spouse of EEA national with 5 years residence card

Post by imnewhere » Sat Nov 04, 2017 10:45 am

I am asking on behalf of my friend
She is married to a EEA national and has 5 years residence expiring in 2019. She has been in the UK legally for over 5 years. She has been married for over 3 years.
Is she entitled to apply for permanent residence before the expiry of the 5 years residence permit ? Would she need supporting document from her husband or is it a mere postal application ?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Spouse of EEA national with 5 years residence card

Post by CR001 » Sat Nov 04, 2017 3:09 pm

Is she entitled to apply for permanent residence before the expiry of the 5 years residence permit ?

No, she needs 5 years residence as a spouse of an EU citizen.
Would she need supporting document from her husband or is it a mere postal application ?
Yes, proof that he has been a qualified person exercising treaty rights for the full 5 years and proof of his identity.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

lake1
United Kingdom

Re: Spouse of EEA national with 5 years residence card

Post by lake1 » Sat Nov 04, 2017 8:39 pm

imnewhere wrote:
Sat Nov 04, 2017 10:45 am
I am asking on behalf of my friend
She is married to a EEA national and has 5 years residence expiring in 2019. She has been in the UK legally for over 5 years. She has been married for over 3 years.
Is she entitled to apply for permanent residence before the expiry of the 5 years residence permit ? Would she need supporting document from her husband or is it a mere postal application ?
This has duly being answered by CR001.

Your friend need to hit 5 year of her own with all the following hitting 5 years too; your friend been in the UK, the marriage and the EU national exercising treaty right.