ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British Passport Application for 14 years old child

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Chrisrice

British Passport Application for 14 years old child

Post by Chrisrice » Sun Nov 05, 2017 2:40 pm

Hi all,

I have got Indefinite leave to remain in the UK.
However, now my daughter who is 14 years old and she got Indefinite leave to remain in 2016 has been to the UK for 11 years.

Now she would like to apply for British Citizenship, would it be possible to tell me which form she has to fill is it form MN1 or Form T, please.I am so confused.

Thank you in advance!

vinny

Re: British Passport Application for 14 years old child

Post by vinny » Sun Nov 05, 2017 2:55 pm

She cannot use Form T, if she was not born in the UK.
For overseas born children, registration on Form MN1 under Sectin 3(1) is possible. However, they also expect a parent to have or is applying for British citizenship at the same time and the other parent to have ILR.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

malik0543

Post by malik0543 » Tue Nov 07, 2017 12:40 pm

Hi Vinny

Just wondering if a parent do not want to apply citizenship e.g reason to buying property in their own country or tax implication in their native country.... or May be they do not want to take oath etc or parent might have point on Licence or Conviction etc

do Home Office still required to parent and child for joint application as child, as Child shout not be punish for their parents issues...

sorry for lengthily question, but i am just making scenario to understand .....

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Nov 07, 2017 1:27 pm

malik0543 wrote:
Tue Nov 07, 2017 12:40 pm
Hi Vinny

Just wondering if a parent do not want to apply citizenship e.g reason to buying property in their own country or tax implication in their native country.... or May be they do not want to take oath etc or parent might have point on Licence or Conviction etc

do Home Office still required to parent and child for joint application as child, as Child shout not be punish for their parents issues...

sorry for lengthily question, but i am just making scenario to understand .....

Thanks
Your question is not relevant to this topic. Please start your own topic with your circumstances and questions.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Chrisrice

Post by Chrisrice » Sun Nov 12, 2017 2:11 pm

vinny wrote:
Sun Nov 05, 2017 2:55 pm
She cannot use Form T, if she was not born in the UK.
For overseas born children, registration on Form MN1 under Sectin 3(1) is possible. However, they also expect a parent to have or is applying for British citizenship at the same time and the other parent to have ILR.
Hi Vinny

Yes, my wife is applying British Citizenship as well with our bigger daughter who was born abroad.

Thank you for the clarification.