ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

How can I become a Moderator ?

Post comments about workpermit.com website, don't post information related to immigration questions, work permit advice, etc.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

MAS99
Mood:
Pakistan

How can I become a Moderator ?

Post by MAS99 » Sun Nov 05, 2017 4:04 pm

Really impressed by this board as how they helped me.

Now I want to help others. So how do I become a mod ?

Regards

M

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: How can I become a Moderator ?

Post by Casa » Sun Nov 05, 2017 4:59 pm

Members are invited to join the moderating team if they have contributed a considerable number of posts and have demonstrated they have a good understanding of the Immigration Rules and have provided a high standard of advice.

Generally they will also be from the 'Respected Guru' group (which is also by invitation).
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Mon Nov 06, 2017 12:47 am

You do not have to be a moderator to help others on these (or any other) forums.

Moderation is primarily an administrative role (making sure that topics are in the correct forums, etc) with a modicum of oversight (reprimanding or banning people who persistently break the rules). But moderators do not necessarily have more knowledge of the topic than other members.

It is indeed the essence of any forum that any member (and not just moderators) may respond to any question of which s/he has sufficient knowledge. A moderator's role is to guide the conversations and ensure that the rules are followed and not necessarily to answer the questions themselves.

We are flattered that these forums have helped you (as they have helped me) in your personal immigration journey. If you wish to help, just log in and answer any questions that you feel confident you have knowledge of.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:20 am

secret.simon wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2017 12:47 am
You do not have to be a moderator to help others on these (or any other) forums.

Moderation is primarily an administrative role (making sure that topics are in the correct forums, etc) with a modicum of oversight (reprimanding or banning people who persistently break the rules). But moderators do not necessarily have more knowledge of the topic than other members.

It is indeed the essence of any forum that any member (and not just moderators) may respond to any question of which s/he has sufficient knowledge. A moderator's role is to guide the conversations and ensure that the rules are followed and not necessarily to answer the questions themselves.

We are flattered that these forums have helped you (as they have helped me) in your personal immigration journey. If you wish to help, just log in and answer any questions that you feel confident you have knowledge of.
Well said secret.simon. :)
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

rooibos
Member of Standing
European Union

Post by rooibos » Tue Nov 07, 2017 7:57 pm

Total post count: 35, and he already wants to cash in as moderator!

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Tue Nov 07, 2017 9:07 pm

rooibos wrote:
Tue Nov 07, 2017 7:57 pm
Total post count: 35, and he already wants to cash in as moderator!
Hardly 'cash in'. Moderators are unpaid and give their time on a voluntary basis. :idea:
(Casa, not CR001)