ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Application Completed - What now?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

rjoshi1
Newly Registered
India

UK Spouse Visa Application from India

Post by rjoshi1 » Fri Nov 03, 2017 9:29 am

Hello,

I am the sponsor of a spouse visa application and had some confusion with regards to the visa application process.

The application is from India and therefore I have sent all relevant documents to my wife in India. We have our appointment in India booked for 17th November. As I understand, the documents will not be submitted/taken in India but need to sent to Sheffield for processing.

Will my wife need to include her original passport when sending the documents to Sheffield? There is a full copy of the passport with a notary stamp and signature on each page or will the passport be collected in Indian visa application centre.

How will they place the 30 day vignette on to the passport?

I have done passport size photos of my wife and myself however the corners are slightly rounded due to cutting machine. Is this going to be an issue?

From your past experience, how long does the process, after successfully sending the document to Sheffield, take?

Thank you for your help.

RJoshi1

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: UK Spouse Visa Application from India

Post by CR001 » Fri Nov 03, 2017 10:06 am

Will my wife need to include her original passport when sending the documents to Sheffield?
No. She submits passport in India.

The photos MUST meet the UKVI requirements.

Applications can take a couple of weeks, but mostly take a couple of months, sometimes many months.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

rjoshi1
Newly Registered
India

Application Completed - What now?

Post by rjoshi1 » Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:20 am

I am getting very mixed information re the next step for uk spouse visa application. WE have made our online application, booked the biometrics day. Various documents for the application were collected for the application and are with the applicant in India.

I have been reading https://www.vfsglobal.co.uk/pakistan/pd ... 091115.pdf.
My solicitor tells me that the applicant will keep the passport with her. However the document above seems to indicate in the final paragraph that Sheffield will forward the passport to VAC for processing in India.

1. When forwarding documents to Sheffield after the biometrics, should we place the original passport in there as well?

2. What happens if the documents fail to reach Sheffield in 2 weeks as indicated by the document?

Thank you for your help.

rjoshi1
Newly Registered
India

Re: Application Completed - What now?

Post by rjoshi1 » Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:59 am

CR001 - Thank you for your response. I could not find my earlier post.

rjoshi1
Newly Registered
India

Post by rjoshi1 » Mon Nov 06, 2017 1:31 pm

Are photo requirements same as uk passport photo requirements?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Nov 06, 2017 2:29 pm

rjoshi1 wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2017 1:31 pm
Are photo requirements same as uk passport photo requirements?
Yes
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

rjoshi1
Newly Registered
India

Post by rjoshi1 » Wed Nov 08, 2017 8:52 am

Additional question regarding UK spouse visa application.

I have letter from my previous employer and current employer which dated after the date of online application and fee payment (but before bio-metrics appointment). Will this be acceptable. I read on expat forum that documents cannot be after the application date. Please advice. many thanks.

rjoshi1
Newly Registered
India

Post by rjoshi1 » Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:31 am

Any advise/experience with the above?

Ty, RJ

rjoshi1
Newly Registered
India

Post by rjoshi1 » Thu Nov 09, 2017 2:04 pm

rjoshi1 wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2017 8:52 am
Additional question regarding UK spouse visa application.

I have letter from my previous employer and current employer which dated after the date of online application and fee payment (but before bio-metrics appointment). Will this be acceptable. I read on expat forum that documents cannot be after the application date. Please advice. many thanks.
I rang 0203811736 (uKVI helpline) today to try and find out about this. However they said they would not be able advise and they don't know the answer. I also spoke with my solicitor who informed me that she has not heard of such rule before.

rjoshi1
Newly Registered
India

Post by rjoshi1 » Mon Nov 13, 2017 2:01 pm

I have few days before I need to forward all documents to sheffield. If anyone has any experience with the query above; that would be brilliant. Thank you.