ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Change of address after applying for citizenship

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Driver27
Sri Lanka

Joint Passport application - A few questions

Post by Driver27 » Sun Sep 24, 2017 3:49 pm

Hi

I have my NCS appointment tomorrow for the joint citizenship and passport application. I have a few question that I hope you don't mind answering

On the passport application do I need to give my grandparents details if my parents (and grandparents) weren't born in the UK. I don't actually know any of the details of one of my grandparents.

Where/how do I pay for the passport application. I don't see any section of the application form for payment. Is it something I can do at the appointment?

Finally, I'm assuming counter signing the passport application isn't necessary if I have the referees on the Naturalisation application.

Thanks very much in advance.

gregzzz
Newly Registered

Re: Joint Passport application - A few questions

Post by gregzzz » Sun Sep 24, 2017 3:57 pm

You should have received a set of instructions when you booked your appointment.

Here is the set of instruction from the Norfolk Council (I didn't apply there but I got the same instructions from my council):

https://www.norfolk.gov.uk/births-cerem ... ng-service

Driver27
Sri Lanka

Post by Driver27 » Sun Sep 24, 2017 4:01 pm

gregzzz wrote:
Sun Sep 24, 2017 3:57 pm
You should have received a set of instructions when you booked your appointment.

Here is the set of instruction from the Norfolk Council (I didn't apply there but I got the same instructions from my council):

https://www.norfolk.gov.uk/births-cerem ... ng-service
Thanks very much. I applied at Lewisham, don't think I got something similar. Cheers

bruteforce
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by bruteforce » Sun Sep 24, 2017 5:59 pm

Driver27 wrote:
Sun Sep 24, 2017 3:49 pm
Hi

I have my NCS appointment tomorrow for the joint citizenship and passport application. I have a few question that I hope you don't mind answering

On the passport application do I need to give my grandparents details if my parents (and grandparents) weren't born in the UK. I don't actually know any of the details of one of my grandparents.

Where/how do I pay for the passport application. I don't see any section of the application form for payment. Is it something I can do at the appointment?

Finally, I'm assuming counter signing the passport application isn't necessary if I have the referees on the Naturalisation application.

1. You do not need your grand parents' details.
2. There is a payment slip on last page of the booklet that you get with passport form. If you don't have that, NCS people will provide you with one to fill in.
3. No counter sign(s) required on passport form. They will obtain the references as part of your citizenship application.

Driver27
Sri Lanka

Post by Driver27 » Sun Sep 24, 2017 7:53 pm

bruteforce wrote:
Sun Sep 24, 2017 5:59 pm
Driver27 wrote:
Sun Sep 24, 2017 3:49 pm
Hi

1. You do not need your grand parents' details.
2. There is a payment slip on last page of the booklet that you get with passport form. If you don't have that, NCS people will provide you with one to fill in.
3. No counter sign(s) required on passport form. They will obtain the references as part of your citizenship application.
Thanks very much for the response. I have filled everything in now. Hopefully everything goes well tomorrow.

plabo
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by plabo » Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:24 am

Plz confirm after submission wether a counter signatory on the passport form was required or not?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:25 am

plabo wrote:
Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:24 am
Plz confirm after submission wether a counter signatory on the passport form was required or not?
Not required if applying using JCAP.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Driver27
Sri Lanka

Post by Driver27 » Fri Nov 03, 2017 2:54 pm

plabo wrote:
Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:24 am
Hopefully this isn't too late for you, but NO, it was NOT required.

Driver27
Sri Lanka

Re: JCAP - Address change while awaiting decision

Post by Driver27 » Fri Nov 03, 2017 3:23 pm

Hi

I trust that address changes are to be reported through - https://visa-address-update.service.gov.uk/

1. I intend to move on the 11th of November, how soon should I do the address update. Going through the different forms, I don't see anywhere where it asks when I will be moving!

2. My wife is here on a dependent visa, applied through FLR(M), she hasn't applied with me on this application. Should I still enter her as a dependent when filling out the address change form?

Thanks

Driver27
Sri Lanka

Change of address after applying for citizenship

Post by Driver27 » Tue Nov 07, 2017 8:58 pm

Hi

Sorry if this is duplicated, I posted something very similar on a previous thread of mine but it didn't get any responses!

I'm on ILR (10 year route), I have applied for Citizenship (JCAP). My wife is here as a dependent of mine. Wife was not included in this application as she has only been here for less than 2 years.

My application is still being decided

1. I trust that address changes are to be reported through - https://visa-address-update.service.gov.uk/

2. I intend to move on the 11th of November, how soon should I do the address update. Going through the different forms, I don't see anywhere where it asks when I will be moving!

3. When filling the address change form, should I include my wife in the dependent section. My initial feeling was I shouldn't as she wasn't included in this application.

4. Is it possible to change the preferred location for the citizenship ceremony.

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Change of address after applying for citizenship

Post by CR001 » Wed Nov 08, 2017 10:59 am

1. I trust that address changes are to be reported through - https://visa-address-update.service.gov.uk/
Correct
2. I intend to move on the 11th of November, how soon should I do the address update. Going through the different forms, I don't see anywhere where it asks when I will be moving!
You should advise shortly before or once you have moved. Make sure you have mail redirection in place too as the update by HO can take a couple of weeks.
3. When filling the address change form, should I include my wife in the dependent section. My initial feeling was I shouldn't as she wasn't included in this application.
Should be fine.
4. Is it possible to change the preferred location for the citizenship ceremony.

Probably best not to as it could delay things.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Driver27
Sri Lanka

Post by Driver27 » Wed Nov 08, 2017 8:40 pm

Thanks very much again CR001

If/When the application is approved, do they allow you to select a date for the citizenship ceremony. Ideally I'd like to pick a day that I'm not working and I'm off every other Monday.

Thanks

ess212
Newly Registered

Post by ess212 » Wed Nov 08, 2017 10:32 pm

Driver27 wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2017 8:40 pm

If/When the application is approved, do they allow you to select a date for the citizenship ceremony. Ideally I'd like to pick a day that I'm not working and I'm off every other Monday.

Thanks
I'm not sure how it works with every council, but my council offered a few dates when I called to book my ceremony and I chose the one that worked best for me. That council didn't do private ceremonies, but some do. If yours does, it may offer more flexibility in terms of dates and times. I called before I had even received my approval to find out more about their ceremonies. The person I spoke to was happy to tell me about frequency, length of ceremonies, likely waiting time between booking and ceremony date, etc.

Perhaps you could call your council to get an idea about what to expect.

Best of luck.

yankettegal
Newly Registered

Post by yankettegal » Thu Nov 09, 2017 12:32 am

ess212 wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2017 10:32 pm
Driver27 wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2017 8:40 pm

Thanks
I'm not sure how it works with every council, but my council offered a few dates when I called to book my ceremony and I chose the one that worked best for me. That council didn't do private ceremonies, but some do. If yours does, it may offer more flexibility in terms of dates and times. I called before I had even received my approval to find out more about their ceremonies. The person I spoke to was happy to tell me about frequency, length of ceremonies, likely waiting time between booking and ceremony date, etc.

Perhaps you could call your council to get an idea about what to expect.

Best of luck.
Excellent suggestion, @ess212 ,as I found out today while making the same general inquiry at my council that they only hold public ceremonies every other month. The next one is next week (that one is solidly booked) and then after that it is in January 2018. Fortunately (or perhaps by design) they do offer private ceremonies at £100. Now, how clever is that?? £££ Still, well worth the call because it appears that each council does their own thing. Best to know ahead of time!

Driver27
Sri Lanka

Post by Driver27 » Thu Nov 09, 2017 7:05 pm

Thank you both for your replies. That seems to be the most sensible thing to do. I will call the council next week. Moving home this Saturday!

yankettegal
Newly Registered

Post by yankettegal » Fri Nov 10, 2017 12:37 am

Good luck to you!!

Driver27
Sri Lanka

Re: Email from UKVI change of address team - no address documents supplied

Post by Driver27 » Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:17 pm

Hi

I received an email today from UKVIChangeofAddressTeam@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk
The gist of the email was they are writing to me because
- No address documents were supplied

I suspected something like this might happen since the document I supplied was the tenants guide supplied to me by my agent, which included the new address but not my name!

To cut a long story short, can I simply reply to this emai or do I have to write to them with the proof of address? I now have a rental agreement with my name and address.

Thank You