ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Qualifying for Indefinate Leave to Remain

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

dazed&confused
Newly Registered

Qualifying for Indefinate Leave to Remain

Post by dazed&confused » Wed Mar 05, 2008 6:11 pm

Hi all

I have just been granted temporary leave to remain as the unmarried partner of a British citizen. My visa is valid until 25 February 2010.

At the end of this visa I believe I can apply for indefinite leave to remain [set (m)].

My question is this: to avoid lots of hassle in two years time, how many days and am I allowed out of the country to qualify for my indefinite leave to remain? I think I read somewhere that it is 90 days per year but I now can't find where I read that!

Can anyone shed any light on the matter? Also, is the allowance per calendar year or it based on the dates that your visa was granted?

Many thanks for your assistance.

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed Mar 05, 2008 11:11 pm

See also Chapter 8 - Family members > Section 9 - Unmarried and same sex relationships (5.2 Further guidance).

Don't forget to collect the documents as suggested in section 10 of the form SET(M) and the Knowledge of language and life in the United Kingdom requirements. Long absences may also affect Naturalisation requirements.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.