ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

How long does it take to get an IHS number?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Alakazam

Post by Alakazam » Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:48 pm

Hello

I am told that I need an Immigration Health Surcharge (IHS) number to extend my visa application.

After, I make the application online, do I get an IHS number immediately? Or does it take a few days/weeks for approvals and for it to come by post?

Just want to make sure that I don't have any surprises in terms of the length between making the application for an IHS number and getting one.

Thanks
Best regards
Alakazam

New on forum
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Re: How long does it take to get an IHS number?

Post by New on forum » Fri Nov 10, 2017 11:00 am

Alakazam wrote:
Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:48 pm
Hello

I am told that I need an Immigration Health Surcharge (IHS) number to extend my visa application.

After, I make the application online, do I get an IHS number immediately? Or does it take a few days/weeks for approvals and for it to come by post?

Just want to make sure that I don't have any surprises in terms of the length between making the application for an IHS number and getting one.

Thanks
Best regards
Alakazam
U get in immediately when you pay online.