ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

interpretation of guidance notes tier1

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ameena
Newly Registered

interpretation of guidance notes tier1

Post by ameena » Wed Mar 05, 2008 7:58 pm

plz could someone help me. im new to this forum and i need help. i will be applying under tier1 by mid year, (skilled workers category). i have one query after reading the guidance notes for tier1.

i will be claimig points for period 01 March 2007 till end Jan 2008.
From 01 March 2007 till 07 June 2007 i was with employer "A" - i then resigned. i joined employer "B" on 15 June 2007.
Therefor between 07 june 2007 and 15 june 2007 i was not working (unemployed for 8 days).

MY query is this : the guidance states in point 67. Points for Previous Earnings can be claimed in respect
of any single, consecutive 12 month period from the 15
months immediately prior to the date of application[/color]"

however point 71. states Applicants are not required to be in continuous employment"during the 12 month period being assessed.

Firstly, isnt point 67 and 71 contradicting each other.
and secondly, please advise if the gap in my employment (ie. the 8 days in June where i wasnt working) would "constitute "12 month consecutive"employment.

im just afraid that the HO may state that i was not in continous employment for the whole period claimed and may turn down my application.

thanks for your help....

shockboy2000
Member of Standing

Re: interpretation of guidance notes tier1

Post by shockboy2000 » Wed Mar 05, 2008 8:14 pm

ameena wrote:plz could someone help me. im new to this forum and i need help. i will be applying under tier1 by mid year, (skilled workers category). i have one query after reading the guidance notes for tier1.

From 01 March 2007 till 07 June 2007 i was with employer "A" - i then resigned. i joined employer "B" on 15 June 2007.
Therefor between 07 june 2007 and 15 june 2007 i was not working (unemployed for 8 days).

MY query is this : the guidance states in point 67. Points for Previous Earnings can be claimed in respect

however point 71. states Applicants are not required to be in continuous employment"during the 12 month period being assessed.

and secondly, please advise if the gap in my employment (ie. the 8 days in June where i wasnt working) would "constitute "12 month consecutive"employment.

im just afraid that the HO may state that i was not in continous employment for the whole period claimed and may turn down my application.

thanks for your help....
theyre not contradictory, point 67 is talking about the time period which must be consecutive (i.e. you cannot supply a full 6 months evidence with a gap of 1 month then another full 6 months of evidence), and point 71 confirms employment doesnt have to be continuous in this period

rely

Re: interpretation of guidance notes tier1

Post by rely » Thu Mar 06, 2008 8:18 am

No they are not contradictory.You can claim points but mention in cover letter about these 8 days gap.
rely
ameena wrote:plz could someone help me. im new to this forum and i need help. i will be applying under tier1 by mid year, (skilled workers category). i have one query after reading the guidance notes for tier1.

thanks for your help....

ameena
Newly Registered

thnank you

Post by ameena » Fri Mar 07, 2008 8:32 pm

thank you...i feel a little less tense now.

FLO

Post by FLO » Thu Mar 13, 2008 3:01 pm

Ammena,
I geg to differ from the rest in my view. The caseworkers are like robots, and they comply with every detail in the guidance note.
You may think something is logical but does not mean it is officially acceptable.
Your 12 months payslips must be for consecutive 12 months. In June, it means you are attaching 2 payslips(one from each employer).This will make your payslips 13 for the 12 calendar months.
I have learnt that one does not really need to be too much in a hurry for HSMP. The more relaxed u are the less ur chance of ur error.
My honest advice is that you wait until early July,2008 and use pay slips for july,2007 to june 2008. If ur target is to go to UK this year,u can still achieve ur dream. By that time, theremay be more clarification on Tier one and u will even have more time to get enough fund in your account for EC.
All the best but make sure u comply with every detail in the guidance. You can be assured of approval if u are careful