ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Adjustment of status F1 visa

USA immigration, green card questions:
Employment based Green Cards | H-1B visas | Family based Visas | Citizenship

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Adjustment of status F1 visa

Post by karma » Wed Mar 05, 2008 11:47 pm

I had applied for adjustment of status for my F1 vias in May 2001. My adjustment of status application was not approved in March 2002. The response I got from immigration authoties was a one page letter. At that time student advisor at university told me that I should have also received other documents along with that letter.Exactly I don't remember info. about other documents wchihc she told me at that time. As I can recall once adjustment of status is denied I had time of 30 days to leave US as per rules. I still needed 45 days to finish my semester since I got denial letter from authority. As I did not receive any documents beside just a letter, my advisor told me that she would keep the letter under secret and would allow me to attend school for 45 days. I did attended school for 45 days after my adjustment of status application was denied and finished my semester.

First I really do not understand why I did not receive all the necessary documents along with my adjustment of status denial letter. I overstayed for 5 years after denial of my adjustment of status. Currently I am in India and planning to apply for non immigrant visa. I am doing this because F1 visa has D/S stamp in passport and I94. Ofcourse my application of adjustment was denied but I did not receive any spefic information about when to leave the USA.

Now my questions are:
01. Why I got only one letter from immigration dept. regd. denial of my adjustment of status application?
02. How do I take that letter, I mean, should I have left the USA within 30 days from receiving letter?
03.What are the chances that I will get non immigrant visa again?