ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

What should be the Date of caution, warning or reprimand?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

MagicMovies
India

What should be the Date of caution, warning or reprimand?

Post by MagicMovies » Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:29 pm

Hello,

I missed the payment of council tax for the month of July 2016. So, they sent me a couple of reminders and finally a court notice on 06 August, 2016 set for hearing on 25 August, 2016. I did not receive any of these reminders or the court notice as they were being stolen from my letter box.

I spoke with the Council authorities on 19 August, 2016 and gave them evidence of the last 33 months where I had never missed to pay council tax on time. The authorities agreed and we setup a payment plan wherein it was also agreed that if I paid the remaining dues per the payment plan they will waive the court fees as well. So, I never went to the court or paid the court fees as it was waived.

So, for question 3.6, what should I fill in for the
Date of caution, warning or reprimand?
Is it 06 August, 2016 or 25 August, 2016?

tallahassee

Re: What should be the Date of caution, warning or reprimand?

Post by tallahassee » Mon Nov 13, 2017 2:18 pm

I am no expert in this so you may want to wait for another person to confirm, but a caution, warning or reprimand is something issued by the police, not the council.

So with regards to the council tax situation, you don't have to declare that on this question.

From what I have read around here with regards to council tax - as long as you have sorted out a payment plan with the council, you should be in the clear.

MagicMovies
India

Post by MagicMovies » Mon Nov 13, 2017 2:42 pm

Thanks, I am just a little bit concerned that if I leave it out, they will think that I am deceiving. The problem is that I never received any of these reminder letters / court notices because they were being stolen from our letter boxes (victim of identity theft!). So, I do not what the dates are...the dates I mentioned in the original post is what I could get from the council's recovery team.

I will wait for someone else to confirm.

MagicMovies
India

Post by MagicMovies » Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:38 pm

Moderators / Senior members - Any thoughts on this please?

I do apologize if this has been answered elsewhere here on the forum, but if you can just let me know where I can find them that would be fantastic too.