ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Right of Abode to British Passport

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

pkris.k

Right of Abode to British Passport

Post by pkris.k » Mon Nov 13, 2017 5:50 pm

Hi,
I have a query regarding the process of converting my Right of Abode to British passport for my Son. He was born when Me and my wife had ILR. I applied for an Indian passport with Right Of Abode for my Son. Later that year I converted into British citizenship with my wife still in ILR. Now that my Son's first passport is expiring I would like to apply for a British passport.

Please, can someone help me with the process? Can I simply apply for a Passport? Do I need to send my passport and my Son's current passport as evidence?

Thanks in advance for your help.

vinny

Re: Right of Abode to British Passport

Post by vinny » Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:45 am

Just apply for a British passport for you son, with evidence of your ILR prior to his birth in the UK, etc.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.