ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship certificate error - advise needed

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mfreidin

Citizenship certificate error - advise needed

Post by mfreidin » Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:05 pm

Hi all,

In my national passport the place of birth is given in Cyrillic - XXXсXXX - where "с" corresponds to Latin "s", so it must be XXXsXXX in English transliteration.

In my application form I used XXXsXXX, however, HO copied XXXсXXX from the passport and this is now on the citizenship certificate. I am thinking to send it back for correction, but my concern is that they request a passport as a proof, but there is only Cyrillic for that in my passport, so not really a proof :(

So, can experienced members advise if it is still worth asking HO to correct the citizenship certificate? Don't really want to spend money on something HO may refuse to do anyway.

Thanks.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Citizenship certificate error - advise needed

Post by CR001 » Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:31 pm

It is normal for HO to put the same details on your certificate as those that appear in your foreign passport. The only exception usually is if your name/place of birth contains odd, non English characters, then the will use the English equivalent.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

mfreidin

Re: Citizenship certificate error - advise needed

Post by mfreidin » Tue Nov 14, 2017 2:58 pm

CR001 wrote:
Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:31 pm
It is normal for HO to put the same details on your certificate as those that appear in your foreign passport. The only exception usually is if your name/place of birth contains odd, non English characters, then the will use the English equivalent.
I see, many thanks you for your answer.