ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Will Debt relief Order affect my pending FLR(FP)

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

hadenough
United Kingdom

Will Debt relief Order affect my pending FLR(FP)

Post by hadenough » Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:49 pm

Hi Everyone,

I have a very unusual question. I have debts for approximately £15k. This was because my visa got refused in 2015 and since then was restricted to work by the HO and had to live off my credit cards. I have got a pending FLR FP application (info is at the bottom). I spoke to stepchange and they advised me to apply for a DRO (Debt Relief order). I am worried if going for a DRO will affect my current FLR(FP) application. (I know that DRO sometimes affects British citizenship application).

I will be grateful if anyone has got any knowledge or information on this please.

Thank a lot in advance.

Application type: FLR(FP) Partner based on insurmountable obs, no children (varied from HRO)
Application Submitted on : 16/08/2017
Application : Postal
Fee Deducted: 23/08/2017
Acknowledgement : did not receive (remaining fee after variation has been deducted)
Bio-metric Letter Received : N/A as bio-metrics for previous application was given a week before variation.
Additional Documents Requested on (if any): nothing yet
Decision of Application : Awaiting for a Decision (1st update on 30th Aug 2017, 2nd on the 03rd Oct 2017)

Papasee
Newly Registered

Re: Will Debt relief Order affect my pending FLR(FP)

Post by Papasee » Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:31 pm

Hi, I had a debt relief order in 2015 but I was given my flr fp (partner route ) so I think it wouldn’t affect it. I don’t know what your immigration history is but with me I had debt relief order and also criminal records so if I can get it with all this that should give you abit of hope.

I’ve noticed you applied with no child which I did so I don’t know because if I think me having a child here helped me because of safeguarding children law

hadenough
United Kingdom

Post by hadenough » Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:09 pm

Papasee wrote:
Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:31 pm
Hi, I had a debt relief order in 2015 but I was given my flr fp (partner route ) so I think it wouldn’t affect it. I don’t know what your immigration history is but with me I had debt relief order and also criminal records so if I can get it with all this that should give you abit of hope.

I’ve noticed you applied with no child which I did so I don’t know because if I think me having a child here helped me because of safeguarding children law
Must have been a relief once you got your visa. I have no idea when ill get a decision ha! Ill wait and give it another month to see if ill get a decision because If i do i can then pay the debts back slowly, if not then ill go for a DRO. Thank you very much for your reply.

Papasee
Newly Registered

Post by Papasee » Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:34 pm

Yeah it was really a relief after waiting 8months and I think you gna be waiting a least couple of months ..there’s a timeline for flr fp application on here so have a look how lonf people are waiting .

New on forum
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by New on forum » Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:10 pm

Papasee wrote:

Papasee do you mind telling what was the crime ?

Papasee
Newly Registered

Post by Papasee » Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:03 am

New on forum wrote:
Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:10 pm
Papasee wrote:

Papasee do you mind telling what was the crime ?
Hello , there’s abit in my record but none resulted in a custodial sentence (prison) so if you haven’t been to prison there’s a chance