ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying for a Tier 2 extension with a Court Judgement/Liability Order for council tax (paid in full later)

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

prophecy88
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Applying for a Tier 2 extension with a Court Judgement/Liability Order for council tax (paid in full later)

Post by prophecy88 » Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:11 am

Hi guys, need your help please.
I recently (2 months ago) had a court judgment (a liability order/enforcement notice issued) against me for failing to pay council tax. However I cleared the whole sum within 5 days of issue.
I am applying for a Tier 2 extension and the question (to tick) :
-A civil court judgment against you, for example for non payment of debt, bankruptcy proceedings or anti-
social behaviour
is haunting me.
Do I need to need to tick this and explain and get a confirmation from council that it has been all paid?
or Shall I tick that nothing has happened?
Any help much appreciated.
Many Thanks

prophecy88
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Re: Applying for a Tier 2 extension with a Court Judgement/Liability Order for council tax (paid in full later)

Post by prophecy88 » Wed Nov 15, 2017 3:11 am

Can someone please advice if I should disclose it? I have paid the amount in full long ago before bailiffs knocked on my door!

rhaegar18
Newly Registered
India

Re: Applying for a Tier 2 extension with a Court Judgement/Liability Order for council tax (paid in full later)

Post by rhaegar18 » Sat Dec 09, 2017 1:28 pm

Hi, did you declare the liability order on your visa application? I am in a similar position!

dan883

Post by dan883 » Sat Dec 09, 2017 10:08 pm

prophecy88 wrote:
Wed Nov 15, 2017 3:11 am
Can someone please advice if I should disclose it? I have paid the amount in full long ago before bailiffs knocked on my door!
If you explain them the situation and highlight that you have now paid off your dues, I think you are grand

Tier2GeneralSam
Newly Registered
India

Post by Tier2GeneralSam » Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:11 am

Tick it and then explain the reason and say that you have closed the order. If they ask for an PCC get the same to prove there are no cases against you