ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Switching Tier2 Dependant to main applicant

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sandu
Newly Registered

Switching Tier2 Dependant to main applicant

Post by sandu » Wed Nov 15, 2017 2:52 pm

Hi Gurus here,

Currently I am Tier2 dependent(like to switchover as Tier 2 general) and have valid visa till 2 more years,but as my husband sponsor has problem in sponsor license we are looking to change over.
1.I am requesting sponsorship from my employer,they will go through RLMT and fulfil all requirements,
i will be dropping visa from india,are there any chances they reject my visa by looking at my husband visa status here?
2.As my husband due to ILR for 18 months,so ppl are saying rejection of your application chances are more,how far is it true?
3.If they reject my application still i can come back and continue with old visa ?
These days visas are getting restricted ,even though its a smooth transition we are not confident enough taking this step .
4.How much funds do we need to maintain ?

5.Does anybody successfully migrated from Tier2 dependent to Tier2 main applicant
Please help with advices ,much appreciated.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Switching Tier2 Dependant to main applicant

Post by CR001 » Wed Nov 15, 2017 4:03 pm

1. Is your employer an HO approved sponsor? RLMT must be done properly to prove you have not been pre-selected. Also, you know that the minimum salary for a tier 2 general is £30,000pa or if the salary in the SOC is higher, it has to be the higher amount. Your own Tier 2 General visa has nothing to do with your husbands current tier 2 general visa.

2. If your own Tier 2 General is refused, you can continue on your dependent visa, it does not get cancelled unless another visa is approved.

3. Yes, your dependent visa will not be cancelled. Also provided your husband still has a sponsor.

4. https://www.gov.uk/tier-2-general/eligibility

5. Yes, many people have done it. Your situation is not 'unique'.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.