ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

BRP card renewal for minor - ILR granted

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

hsmptier1ilr
Newly Registered
India

BRP card renewal for minor - ILR granted

Post by hsmptier1ilr » Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:20 pm

My daughter got ILR in Dec2012 and her BRP card is about to expire in Dec 2017. I need to apply for BRP card renewal. But the application form seems to ask for following
Proof of your identity by supplying any number of the documents identified below which con-
firm your name and address. Please indicate the items you are sending by ticking the boxes
below:
UK driving licence
council tax letters
letter(s) confirming tenancy or mortgage payments
electricity, gas or water bills
letter(s) from employer(s) confirming employment
letter(s) confirming registration with a doctor

If you were granted Indefinite Leave to Remain more than 2 years ago please provide
evidence of continuous residency in the United Kingdom, such as:
council tax letters
letter(s) from a GP confirming dates of attendance
letter(s) from a school/college confirming dates of attendance
electricity, gas or water bills
letter(s) from employer(s) confirming employment.
For minor I can attempt to get letter from school on attendance and letter from GP for attendance. But it seems to ask for a lot especially for minor.

I also just applied for registration of my daughter as British citizen this week. That could take atleast 3 months. I had difficulty getting school teacher or GP to sign as a referee for that application, I am wondering how they would react if I ask for letter showing all the dates of attendance.

The BRP renewal guide also says...
You must apply for a replacement Biometric Residence Permit within three months of the reason for requiring a replacement, if you do not apply for a replacement BRP within three months, you may face a financial penalty of up to £1000 or have your permitted stay curtailed.
So wondering if it worth waiting 3 months to see if her MN1 gets approved by then, in which case I do not have to worry brp renewal.

Also I already acquired British citizenship. Not sure if that would weigh in favour of BRP card renewal if I can't get letters from GP or school.

Any body with similar experience? Any thoughts?

hsmptier1ilr
Newly Registered
India

Re: BRP card renewal for minor - ILR granted

Post by hsmptier1ilr » Thu Nov 16, 2017 1:08 pm

Anyone can help?

Apologies moderators. I should have posted under "General immigration forum". I should have read indefinite-leave-to-remain/peo-appointm ... 14030.html before posting. Can you please move it? I am not sure how I can do this myself.

Thank you.