ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

When is the earliest that I can apply for Tier 2 extension.

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

nim360
Newly Registered
Pakistan

When is the earliest that I can apply for Tier 2 extension.

Post by nim360 » Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:51 am

Hi,

I am currently on Tier 2 (General) visa and my visa shall expire during the last week of Feb' 18. I have received my CoS for renewal from my sponsor and I am planning to apply for Tier 2 extension during the first/second week of December '17. I am not applying for ILR, it is only Tier 2 extension. I am wondering if I am planning to file for visa extension too early. The guidance notes do not specify how early can I apply for extension of Tier 2:
When to apply
195.You must apply within 3 months from the date your Certificate of Sponsorship was assigned.
You must also apply no more than 3 months before the start date on your Certificate of
Sponsorship. If this is not possible, you should contact your sponsor.
196.If you are applying from inside the UK, you should apply before your current leave expires. If
you do not, you will be classed as an overstayer, which could affect any future applications
you make.

My question is whether I am in the right timescales to file for my visa extension. If anyone has a better advice then please let me know. Also, my CoS has just been been issued, I can't delay my application more than 3 months from now.

Best Regards
Nim.

Ajeet143
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Re: When is the earliest that I can apply for Tier 2 extension.

Post by Ajeet143 » Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:35 am

What is the start date on your new CoS? Home Office will need you to apply for your tier 2 extension not more than 3 months before the start date of CoS. As long as the start date on your CoS is within next 3 months you are good to apply anytime. I hope this makes sense.

nim360
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by nim360 » Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:05 pm

Hi Ajeet,

Thank you so much for giving me a direction. I have not been provided the start date from my employer and I think this what I now need to follow. It does make sense to me. I shall get back here with the details.

Thanks
Nim.

dan883

Post by dan883 » Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:10 pm

you said you have received your COS but don't know your start date yet. how?

waseemhassan44
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by waseemhassan44 » Thu Jan 25, 2018 10:53 pm

Hi Nim,

I am in same situation like you, are you able to apply within three months of your visa expiry? I will get my COS in February and my current visa will expire in 30th April 2018 so can I apply in end of February?

Regards

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:30 am

waseemhassan44 wrote:
Thu Jan 25, 2018 10:53 pm
Hi Nim,

I am in same situation like you, are you able to apply within three months of your visa expiry? I will get my COS in February and my current visa will expire in 30th April 2018 so can I apply in end of February?

Regards
Instead of tagging your question onto topic from last year, please start your own topic. It is considered rude and unfair to just tag onto other threads and it creates confusion when members respond.

See point 12 in this FAQs on forum rules (clicK)
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.