ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HSMP Extension- But Stay below that 12 months

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ilamurugusp
Newly Registered

HSMP Extension- But Stay below that 12 months

Post by ilamurugusp » Thu Mar 06, 2008 7:29 pm

Hello,
My visa is expiring in Mar 2009 and I was in UK for a month last year. I didnt start working in UK till now. Is it possible if I start work from May to get the hsmp extension on Mar 2009?

UKbound

Post by UKbound » Thu Mar 06, 2008 9:14 pm

The extension is based upon your income. If you can demonstrate the right criteria for the renewal, you'll be okay to get another visa. The issue will be when you try to get ILR (or probationary citizenship, or whatever it is by then).. Your absence from the UK will be taken into account during that period.

SYH
BANNED

Post by SYH » Thu Mar 06, 2008 9:18 pm

UKbound wrote:The extension is based upon your income. If you can demonstrate the right criteria for the renewal, you'll be okay to get another visa. The issue will be when you try to get ILR (or probationary citizenship, or whatever it is by then).. Your absence from the UK will be taken into account during that period.
Not exactly. If you begin your 5 year period at May of 2008, the first year of absences won't matter

ilamurugusp
Newly Registered

Post by ilamurugusp » Thu Mar 06, 2008 9:39 pm

I am getting a salary of 34-36K Pa, as per the new offer. is this enough to apply for the extension?

SYH
BANNED

Post by SYH » Thu Mar 06, 2008 9:43 pm

ilamurugusp wrote:I am getting a salary of 34-36K Pa, as per the new offer. is this enough to apply for the extension?
use the calculator and figure it out

ilamurugusp
Newly Registered

Post by ilamurugusp » Thu Mar 06, 2008 9:44 pm

thanks Guru