ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Advice needed for Indefinate leave for grandma

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

azzik
Newly Registered

Advice needed for Indefinate leave for grandma

Post by azzik » Thu Mar 06, 2008 10:27 pm

I would like to bring my grandma here to live with us. Both myself and my husband are self employed and she is 68 years of age. We would like to take her full responsability. She is from pakistan but since my aunt got married she has moved out so granma is on her own.
Can you please advise as we would like to make her case as strong as possible and cannot really afford a solicitor at moment.
Can anyone tell me what I need to write in the covering letter.
Also I don't own our house its on my husbands name but I will be the sponser but mortgage is in his name does anyone know if this will cause a problem.
are there any compassioate factors they will consider
other problem we have is we only make a little profit on our company so our net income is bout 800 quid a month but do get paid dividends but at the end of the year when accountant has worked out a profit.
will this cause aproblem do you think.
Thanks in advance for your help

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: Advice needed for Indefinate leave for grandma

Post by Wanderer » Thu Mar 06, 2008 10:40 pm

azzik wrote:I would like to bring my grandma here to live with us. Both myself and my husband are self employed and she is 68 years of age. We would like to take her full responsability. She is from pakistan but since my aunt got married she has moved out so granma is on her own.
Can you please advise as we would like to make her case as strong as possible and cannot really afford a solicitor at moment.
Can anyone tell me what I need to write in the covering letter.
Also I don't own our house its on my husbands name but I will be the sponser but mortgage is in his name does anyone know if this will cause a problem.
are there any compassioate factors they will consider
other problem we have is we only make a little profit on our company so our net income is bout 800 quid a month but do get paid dividends but at the end of the year when accountant has worked out a profit.
will this cause aproblem do you think.
Thanks in advance for your help

Does she have any income, from pension of family?

Other local siblings to look after her?
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

vinny

Post by vinny » Fri Mar 07, 2008 1:32 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

azzik
Newly Registered

Post by azzik » Fri Mar 07, 2008 9:57 am

The only other sibling is my mums sister but since she has looked after my grandma for the past 20 years she wants us to take responsability.
My grandma gets 1100 rupees a month in her pension.
The other problem we have is we don't have receipts for the money we have been sending her as we send it when a family member or friend was going to pakistan.

Thanks