ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship for Born in Belfast prior to 2005

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

LavaniyaEra
Newly Registered
Ireland

Citizenship for Born in Belfast prior to 2005

Post by LavaniyaEra » Sun Nov 19, 2017 9:09 am

Hi All,
I recently came across that I might be entitled to apply for Irish Passport. I was born in Belfast before 2005 to non nationals. My father was a visiting lecturer in Belfast when I was born and a year later We returned to our home country. I am planning to apply for Irish passport as I have my birth certificate from Northern Ireland. Is it enough if I apply only with birth certificate. Is there anyone here had a similar situation?
Thank You all.

chaoclive
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: Citizenship for Born in Belfast prior to 2005

Post by chaoclive » Sun Nov 19, 2017 9:48 pm

You're an Irish citizen. I think the only possible exclusion may be if your father was on diplomatic business (but I don't think that applies in your case).

The only thing to do now is to provide your long-form birth certificate and apply for your passport on the relevant form.

Where is your home country? You will probably need to contact the Irish Embassy to get the forms. It's not possible to apply online.

LavaniyaEra
Newly Registered
Ireland

Re: Citizenship for Born in Belfast prior to 2005

Post by LavaniyaEra » Tue Feb 27, 2018 6:17 am

Hi,
Thank you for your reply. Apologies for the late reply as I didn't get any notification. I'm still figuring out the forum. yes. I applied for my passport through UAE embassy since I'm working in middle east and received a positive reply. :D