ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR qualifying period query for tier 2

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

setu_desai02
Newly Registered

ILR qualifying period query for tier 2

Post by setu_desai02 » Sun Nov 19, 2017 4:27 pm

Hello guys

Hopefully a quick and simple query yet I am confused since the day I have checked my tier 2 expiry date. So my tier 2 visa issue date on the BRP is 9th December 2014 and the expiry date is 5th December 2019. That is 4 days short of 5 year qualifying period of ILR on tier 2. I have read that you can apply before 28 days of qualifying period, so does that apply to me? Will I be able to apply for ILR after 7th November 2019? Or will I have to apply for tier 2 extension for another year so that I can be in the country on tier 2 for at least 5 years to be able apply ILR?

Thank you for your help in advance. :)

makky86
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: ILR qualifying period query for tier 2

Post by makky86 » Sun Nov 19, 2017 4:31 pm

setu_desai02 wrote:
Sun Nov 19, 2017 4:27 pm
Hello guys

Hopefully a quick and simple query yet I am confused since the day I have checked my tier 2 expiry date. So my tier 2 visa issue date on the BRP is 9th December 2014 and the expiry date is 5th December 2019. That is 4 days short of 5 year qualifying period of ILR on tier 2. I have read that you can apply before 28 days of qualifying period, so does that apply to me? Will I be able to apply for ILR after 7th November 2019? Or will I have to apply for tier 2 extension for another year so that I can be in the country on tier 2 for at least 5 years to be able apply ILR?

Thank you for your help in advance. :)
You can apply 28 days prior to 9th December 2019 as long as you quality at that time.
II Youths a stuff neve endures II