ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Company is a Tier 2 (A rated) sponsor but will not raise the Certificate of Sponsorship

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

davidldn137
Newly Registered
Mood:
Brazil

Company is a Tier 2 (A rated) sponsor but will not raise the Certificate of Sponsorship

Post by davidldn137 » Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:57 am

Hi all,

I hope someone can help, I am currently on a tier 4 visa (student) and recently graduated from The London School of Economics, prior to this my graduated my bachelors in Brazil in Architecture and Urbanism which fulfills the skills gap in the UK.

I recently applied for a position with a local authority, who spoke to me about my home country etc. and I was successful and offered the job over the other 9 candidates, I received the offer of employment two weeks ago since then one member of HR reviewed my documents and we confirmed a start date (I then gave notice to my current job). The only question asked when I produced my work permit was if I am able to work full-time on my current visa - which my response was yes, I have now finished my commitments with uni, which they then checked.

They came back and said they are not able to offer sponsorship (this was one working day prior to start), I questioned them on this and mentioned they are on the Home Office list of companies able to sponsor tier 2 and due to my level of experience and skills they do not have a limit of how many people they can sponsor. HR's response was we just don't do it. I asked for advice from HR - She suggested I get a European or UK passport.... (not helpful!)

If I tick all the boxes for the Visa, the job and salary - the transition from a tier 4 to tier 2 is relatively easy, once they issue the CoS. What is their problem with producing the document, is it the cost £199, I am happy to pay this and other costs. Is it the paperwork they do not want or am I missing something. I feel I am being pushed away from my dream job because of the HR does not wish to commit to the paperwork..

Any help would be very much appreciated!

Thank you!!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Company is a Tier 2 (A rated) sponsor but will not raise the Certificate of Sponsorship

Post by CR001 » Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:43 pm

1. What is the job position/title that you were offered?

2. What would the SOC be?

3. What salary have you been offered?

4. You cannot force a sponsor to sponsor you!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

davidldn137
Newly Registered
Mood:
Brazil

Re: Company is a Tier 2 (A rated) sponsor but will not raise the Certificate of Sponsorship

Post by davidldn137 » Tue Nov 21, 2017 1:12 pm

Thank you for responding,

The job is for a Project Support Officer, within the Urban/Town Planning department. The SOC comes under major group 2 - Professional Occupation, I hold a Masters degree, I have been offered £32,000 per annum.

I know I cannot force them too, but I would love to be able to get an answer and know where I stand as I am in limbo right now.

Thanks again.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Nov 21, 2017 1:23 pm

When you applied for the job and were interviewed and offered the role, did you tell them you needed sponsorship for a work visa?

They might not have any CoS to allocate to you.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

davidldn137
Newly Registered
Mood:
Brazil

Post by davidldn137 » Tue Nov 21, 2017 2:40 pm

Yes, I bought all my details with me upon this and again when I presented my information (BRP etc) for the contract and the returned, signed contract with all of my information (bank account, NI etc.).

I just called the hiring manager it was explained to me that the position was not advertised in the correct manner (not on the jobcentre job board), they are exploring the opportunities around this and it might take some time. fingers crossed I guess..

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Nov 21, 2017 2:46 pm

If RLMT was not conducted properly and they issued you a COS, your application would have been refused.

They will have to do the whole process again, for 28 days before offering you the job and issuing a CoS.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

aokamgba
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by aokamgba » Fri Nov 24, 2017 4:44 pm

CR001 wrote:
Tue Nov 21, 2017 2:46 pm
If RLMT was not conducted properly and they issued you a COS, your application would have been refused.

They will have to do the whole process again, for 28 days before offering you the job and issuing a CoS.
I thought Tier 4 switching into Tier 2 were exempt from RLMT?