ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Bank statements for last 5 years

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

the_pious
Newly Registered
Ireland

Bank statements for last 5 years

Post by the_pious » Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:19 pm

Hi,

I am non-EU working on stamp 4, and my wife is here with me on Stamp 3 (dependant on me). We both have applied for naturalization recently after completing 5 years of residency in Ireland. Today we received a letter from INIS asking my wife to provide 6 months bank statement for each of the last 5 years such that each statement shows that the account has been used for daily transactions. She does have a bank account since last 5 years, but until 4 months back she never used that for daily transactions. This means that we do not have the document they are asking us to provide for my wife.

She did use her account for a few monthly transaction starting around May 2017, and we have already provided INIS with those statements in her original application.

Can anyone suggest how we should proceed now? What we should provide to INIS, and how we should respond back?

Thanks for any suggestions in advance.

Best Regards.

griffith
Mood:
Ireland

Re: Bank statements for last 5 years

Post by griffith » Tue Nov 21, 2017 2:26 pm

They sent the letter only requesting the bank statements or something else too? Have they given you any other options by which i mean if the statememts are not available?
Stay strong & never Give up!

the_pious
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by the_pious » Tue Nov 21, 2017 3:15 pm

They have requested the following two things:

- Bank statement covering six month for each year showing day to day transactions
- Letter from the doctor saying you registered for the surgery and the date that you attended. (This is simple, we have talked to our GP and should be getting letters for this)

They didn't mention anything that we can send instead of above document. They just say that if these documents are not received then it means that you are no longer interested in pursuing your application and that the application would be considered abandoned.

Please let me know what can we do in this case. We thought that we had a very straight forward case, but now they are asking for something which we can't provide.

Thanks

griffith
Mood:
Ireland

Post by griffith » Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:23 pm

People dont necessarily use their card on a day to day basis so daily transactions may not be obtained. If i were you i would just simply write them that your wife does have a bank account but she hasn't used it in last 5 years as she depends on you and you afford all the expenses.
By the way if you have all your documents in hand than you should get your passport first and meanwhile apply a 10 years visa for your wife and apply for her passport at a later stage as their is a requirement of bank statement of the applicant.

Ali0857
Mood:
Ireland

Post by Ali0857 » Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:28 pm

Wht i will suggest tha send it as many years you can cover ... jus asked the bank to send you the statements for the time she was usin the account and write a letter about explainin the missin years statement. Explain thm why she wasn't using it .

If she was workin that time so get her old payslips.

.. im sure its na somthin they will maKe a big fuss about ...
๐Ÿš™...................................๐Ÿš“ ๐Ÿš“..๐Ÿš“...๐Ÿš“
๐Ÿ‡จ๐Ÿ‡ฎโค๏ธ๐Ÿ‡ต๐Ÿ‡ฐ

Ali0857
Mood:
Ireland

Post by Ali0857 » Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:53 pm

Sorry as u said she was on stamp 3 so she is not allowed to work .so payslips is not the option..but as the brother said write them a letter :)

Good luck
๐Ÿ‡จ๐Ÿ‡ฎโค๏ธ๐Ÿ‡ต๐Ÿ‡ฐ

sousa020290
BANNED
Ireland

Post by sousa020290 » Tue Nov 21, 2017 6:00 pm

Some idiots are working in immigration to ruin genuine applicants. Who do transaction everyday ???? Only idiots like them.

Ali0857
Mood:
Ireland

Post by Ali0857 » Tue Nov 21, 2017 6:36 pm

sousa020290 wrote: โ†‘
Tue Nov 21, 2017 6:00 pm
Some idiots are working in immigration to ruin genuine applicants. Who do transaction everyday ???? Only idiots like them.
Yaa and specially when the person is on Stamp 3 and not even allowed to work ... :lol: :lol: :lol:
๐Ÿ‡จ๐Ÿ‡ฎโค๏ธ๐Ÿ‡ต๐Ÿ‡ฐ

sousa020290
BANNED
Ireland

Post by sousa020290 » Tue Nov 21, 2017 7:11 pm

Ali0857 wrote: โ†‘
Tue Nov 21, 2017 6:36 pm
sousa020290 wrote: โ†‘
Tue Nov 21, 2017 6:00 pm
Yaa and specially when the person is on Stamp 3 and not even allowed to work ... :lol: :lol: :lol:
Idiot officers must be kick out from inis. Those idiots approving fake cases....

the_pious
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by the_pious » Wed Nov 22, 2017 5:21 pm

So, what is the right approach that we should take here? Should we consult an immigration lawyer for this or should we prepare a response (without solicitor) and send it to INIS?

I think the bigger question to answer is the following: What do people do if they can't provide what INIS is asking for? In our case, it is the statement with day to day transactions, but in other cases it may be some other document. I am interested to know how do people response to INIS if they can't provide what INIS is asking for.

Thanks.

griffith
Mood:
Ireland

Post by griffith » Wed Nov 22, 2017 7:47 pm

Their is a requirement of applicants bank statement but not sure why they have asked you for last 5 years day to day transactions. You should consult a lawyer and they should write a letter explaining that bank account does exist but not maintained in last 5 years. It doesn't look like that by not providing day to day transactions application will get refused(not everyone can provide day to day transactions its insane, no one is that rich spending money on a day to day basis)
In my opinion EU3 is your last resort.