ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Advice on EU children situation with British parents

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Angie77

Advice on EU children situation with British parents

Post by Angie77 » Tue Nov 21, 2017 1:05 pm

I would be grateful if someone can advise on this.
European children have been living in the UK less than 5 years. Having one parent been granted citizenship a few months ago and the other will attend a ceremony next week.
I had previously been advised the best option would be to keep children as self-sufficient until they are entitled to BR citizenship so I would have to buy Health insurance for them.
However in light of the recent Brexit negotiations in which probably EU citizen will not be required to hold a comprehensive health insurance and Lounes case in which I am not sure if it will benefit their situation as apparently Dual citizens may still retain rights under EU laws.
What would be the best course of action to safeguard the future of my children in the UK?

Angie77

Re: Advice on EU children situation with British parents

Post by Angie77 » Thu Nov 23, 2017 12:50 am

Is anyone able to at least confirm if the best option is still to buy health insurance and keep the children as self sufficient? Or should I apply for a visa for them under UK laws?