ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

How to, PR application

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

FMBKR
Newly Registered

How to, PR application

Post by FMBKR » Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:00 pm

Hello everyone,

I’m writing you today in the hopes that you’ll be able to advise us on the best course of action for our application for permanent residency.

I’m originally from Germany and have been living in the UK now since 2003. For a short spell, I left the country at the end of 2011 due to familial reasons, and I then returned back to the UK 5.5 months later.

Since then I met my wife (who’s Bengali) and we have built our life together here.

So far so good, until Brexit happened.

Because she doesn’t have UK citizenship and I am German, we are very worried about our future in this country, as we both now view it as our home.

My wife’s EEA family permit is about to expire in February next year and with it the official confirmation that she is allowed to stay and work here (which she is).

Therefore, we’re both thinking of applying for permanent residency over my past (almost) 6 years now living here.

We are both FT employed, and in my stay here in this country since 2003 the only thing I ever received in form of financial help was from the DFES for my studies.

My questions are as followed:

• Should I state my first entry to the country from the last qualifying date (Jan/2012), or from THE VERY first time I arrived in 2003?
(Trouble is, I am worried I might not get all the details right, as I was your typical student, and my documents are not all complete for that time period. I’m essentially trying to streamline the application, but I don’t want to leave things out if that is not the proper way of doing things.)

• Will the application be likely to succeed if some details are broader?
(I cannot remember all my past addresses for example or the exact dates of where I lived when.)

Any advice will be highly appreciated, and/or any links for further study.

Thank you for your time and help,

Joseph

nmc88
Newly Registered
Portugal

Re: How to, PR application

Post by nmc88 » Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:07 pm

Hi joseph,

I have been in the UK since the mid 90’s, and stated my arrival on my form as 1995.

However when submitting evidence (proof of attendance to schools/university from date of arrival), they only counted my last 5 years where I was in full time employment from 2011, where I proved to have worked for a continuous 5 year period.

So my advice is still state the date of entry as when you first came here, and submit your evidence from your last qualifying date.

FMBKR
Newly Registered

Post by FMBKR » Tue Dec 05, 2017 5:56 am

Thank you for the great advice.

I'll be doing just that.

A follow-up question: I continued with the application and added my wife. Now it's asking about previous relationships.

My wife was previously married but divorced a view year before we met. The documents are all there. I was in a relationship before we met, too, but I wasn't married and never had any joint property.

Is there any need for me to state the duration of my relationship? Why are they asking? Can I just answer no? (That past relationship is something I'd rather put behind me.) I don't want to omit it however if it will prove detrimental to the application.

Thank you again for your advice.

Joseph

wingpin
Newly Registered
Australia

Post by wingpin » Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:08 am

Briefly state the relationship if you considered it serious, you lived together, it lasted more than 2 years etc. Be honest, you don't have to go into details. Easy peasy.

FMBKR
Newly Registered

Post by FMBKR » Sun Dec 31, 2017 2:19 pm

Have a question again guys,

So I am almost done with the application. They specifically ask for details on my education. I have everything ready to submit for just my last 5 years here in the UK, as I have worked full time.

But the Annex wants continuous evidence for the earliest 5 year period?

What confuses me is Annex H on the guidance where it states for people who have been studying and working, that these are recommended evidence for someone residing 10 years, studying 3 and working 7, which is very close to my situation:

"Continuous evidence of employment and/or study in the UK covering the earliest 5 year period for which you can provide evidence. For employment: P60 for each year of employment; and

For studies in the UK:
• confirmation of study/studying with a recognised educational institution:
proof of enrolment, letter from organisation confirming course, period of study with start date, or qualification (if course start date is shown) if study is now complete, consecutive to the
work evidence; and

• one bank statement per year of study, or similar; or evidence of grant or sponsorship covering the period of
study, evidencing your financial self sufficiency; or written confirmation from the student that they have enough money; and

• evidence that you had Comprehensive Sickness Insurance for yourself and any family members for the period of study (unless previously issued with a registration certificate on the basis of
residence in the UK as a student before 20 June 2011).
Plus one piece of evidence for every 12 month period other than the period of working EEA(PR): guidance notes – v3.0 – April 2017 Page 31 of 40 to confirm ongoing residence in the UK if more than 2 years has elapsed since the end of the activities evidenced (see Section 5 for examples)."

I have stated I entered in 2003, what do I do next?

Wise
BANNED
Germany

Post by Wise » Sun Dec 31, 2017 6:44 pm

Note that if any continuous 5 years you are relying include the time of schooling and without proving that you and your family member possessed CSI sickness insurance, am afraid that application will fail 100%. Because I can't see where you stated that you have been issued registration card as a student in the past.

Unless you wait till they finish Brexit negotiations by 29/03/19 as the agreement is to scrap CSI from then just to make things easy for the EU national already in the UK before referendum in 2016.

Also be careful what section you're filling and don't conflicted things.

Good luck.
It is really good to help and everyone deserve to be respected in life. Good luck.