ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Postal applications for family of EU citizens

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Postal applications for family of EU citizens

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Fri Mar 07, 2008 1:04 pm

Another good reason to go to lovely Germany this summer instead to wasting days and money on the Italian, French or Spanish embassy.

http://www.london.diplo.de/Vertretung/l ... reich.html
If you are a spouse of an EU or German national or if you have had a Schengen visa from the German Embassy London issued within the past 12 months you may apply by post. In addition to the required documents please add a self-addressed "Special Delivery" envelope and the visa fee in postal orders. Please be aware that application by post can take eight working days.
Last edited by Directive/2004/38/EC on Fri Mar 07, 2008 1:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: Postal applications for family of EU citizens

Post by Wanderer » Fri Mar 07, 2008 1:10 pm

Directive/2004/38/EC wrote:Another good reason to go to lovely Germany this summer instead to wasting days with the Italian, French or Spanish.

http://www.london.diplo.de/Vertretung/l ... reich.html
If you are a spouse of an EU or German national or if you have had a Schengen visa from the German Embassy London issued within the past 12 months you may apply by post. In addition to the required documents please add a self-addressed "Special Delivery" envelope and the visa fee in postal orders. Please be aware that application by post can take eight working days.
What if u are a partner of an EU citizen and have had a Work Permit (and therefore schengen visa) for Germany in the last 12 months?

I just noticed 'or' in the quote.....sorry!
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

Brit Chick

Post by Brit Chick » Wed Mar 19, 2008 5:16 pm

Fantastic news, I guess I know where i will be going on my next holiday then. I hope all the other embassies in the EU also follow the lead.

I recently bought plane tickets to italy with a budget airline, only problem being that I had to go within the following month which would've been fine had I not had to go through hoops and hurdles with the italian embassy in trying to get my husband a schengen visa. In the end losing out the money for the unused plane tickets was cheaper than both of us taking a day off work and travelling to london (besides which, they didn't even have any appointments before the departure).

Rant over........