ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Self employment, foster caring and spouse visa extention!

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Hopejoce17
Newly Registered

Self employment, foster caring and spouse visa extention!

Post by Hopejoce17 » Wed Nov 22, 2017 1:37 pm

Hi all,
Hoping to get some advice and or guidance re the above.
My husband has been here on a spouse visa which is due to expire on 5th December, we are currently just in the process of completing the application and will be using the premium service.
I am employed full time and he has been doing some odd bits of work since he came and finally registered as self employed in August this year. He has not completed a self assessment yet as they advised they would contact him about this in due course.
Anyway, in December last year we became Connected persons foster carers. To 2 toddlers. So have been doing this for nearly a year now. We are paid an Allowance for the boys fortnightly but are not paid any fees for ourselves as we are not registered (not been through all the training). I was forced to give up work in March this year, to look after the boys and went back to work in September.
My question is: Should I get the local authority to send documentation confirming this that we are foster carers and receive an allowance, can this then be used to evidence income along with my DLA and salary or should I just use my salary and DLA and not mention the foster caring?

Hope somebody can advise.....thanking you in advance for any assistance in this matter. :)