ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Slovak getting a passport in the UK

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Gazza1591
Newly Registered

Slovak getting a passport in the UK

Post by Gazza1591 » Wed Nov 22, 2017 5:51 pm

Hi

My partners slovak passport is due for renewal in March next year, instead of her having to fly back to bratislava to sort a new one out we were just wondering if it can be done in the slovak embassy in London? If so how would she go about it? Looked on the embassy website but can't see any information on how to go about it?

She has lived here for 15+yesrs now and has permanent residence also if thst makes any difference

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Slovak getting a passport in the UK

Post by alterhase58 » Thu Nov 23, 2017 3:13 pm

This is not really the forum for Slovakian passport inquiries but the Slovak Embassy website refers to a portal:
https://www.mzv.sk/web/londyn-en
That's in Slovakian so can't comment any further but if your wife has all the paperwork that should be ok I assume. UK residency should not matter, unless she acquires British citizenship. I believe dual citizenship is not allowed by Slovakia.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.