ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HWV - Apply for Tier 1 or HMSP?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

rock777
Newly Registered

HWV - Apply for Tier 1 or HMSP?

Post by rock777 » Fri Mar 07, 2008 4:13 pm

Hi

I am currently on the WHV, living in the UK, and am going to apply for either the Tier 1 or HSMP in the next 4 weeks. From the post below, I note that I can apply for the HSMP here, but then would have to return home to Aus to make an application for UK clearance. Is this the same for Tier 1, or can I apply & get approved here, without needing to return home to Aus, and or do I have to return home to even make the application for a Tier 1?

If I have to return home for both, I am thinking I should still apply for the Tier 1 (as I have the required maintenance etc) as it is a straight up 3 years, unless there is any other advantages of the HSMP?

Working Holidaymakers are no longer entitled to switch to the Highly Skilled Migrant Programme within the UK. However, those who have current leave to remain under the Working Holidaymaker scheme and wish to switch to the HSMP are entitled to submit their initial HSMP applications from inside the UK.

If this application is then approved the applicant will then be required to return to their home country with their approval letter in order to make an application for UK Entry Clearance.

Further, under the old HSMP, a "professional quilification" was given 35 points if it could be verified as equivilent by the governing body in the UK, which I assume a Solicitor would qualify for; however I just used the new Tier 1 calculator, and a Solicitor was only given 30 points?

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Thanks