ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship Application questions - EU citizen

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

kiks
Romania

Citizenship Application questions - EU citizen

Post by kiks » Thu Nov 23, 2017 5:10 pm

Hello,
I'm new here so not sure if this is the right place to post. But will give it a go.

1. I would like to find out if filling work history details you need to put in gaps that you were unemployed or on JSA? For example if you worked from Dec 2012 till march 2013 and then had 4 months break will you put that on form or just put your previous and next work places? without gap?

2 As a EEA national on my NCS and with whole application do I need to enclose all documents confirming I was actutually here eg bank sttements payclips letters from HMRC? I read mixed things on the internet and bit confused? If I got my PR card year ago would that be it? or all paperwork need to be send as well?

Would be happy if someone could help :)
Thank you

bruteforce
Mood:
Pakistan

Re: Citizenship Application questions - EU citizen

Post by bruteforce » Thu Nov 23, 2017 5:28 pm

1. You do not need to mention any gaps between jobs.
2. Yes, you need to prove your residence and for that, you need to provide all your payslips, bank statements, bills, p60 etc

anetadf
Newly Registered

Post by anetadf » Thu Nov 23, 2017 5:31 pm

I shall ask here, too - from last 5 years only?

bruteforce
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by bruteforce » Thu Nov 23, 2017 5:40 pm

Yes, for 5 years if your spouse is not British citizen.

tallahassee

Post by tallahassee » Thu Nov 23, 2017 6:01 pm

bruteforce wrote:
Thu Nov 23, 2017 5:28 pm
2. Yes, you need to prove your residence and for that, you need to provide all your payslips, bank statements, bills, p60 etc
Please correct me if I am wrong, but I don't think you need all of these. Surely P60s for each year are enough and perhaps something to cover the period from the last P60 until now (like 2 payslips or a current letter of employment).

kiks
Romania

Post by kiks » Thu Nov 23, 2017 7:48 pm

Thank you for your reply.

They make it so difficult- when obtained Residence Card whats the point of sending same papers again. Thats why it takes so long.

One more question- do I send covering letter/list of documents enclosed?

Thank you

nmc88
Newly Registered
Portugal

Post by nmc88 » Thu Nov 23, 2017 8:32 pm

I’m in the same situation.

EU Citizen and have held PR for exactly a year this month and will be going to NCS appointment in January.

I will submit previous letter from one employer, Letter from JSA for a month I claimed job seekers and finally letter from current employer too which will cover th 6 years. This was same evidence I submitted for my PR application.

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Fri Nov 24, 2017 10:06 am

kiks wrote:
Thu Nov 23, 2017 7:48 pm
Thank you for your reply.

They make it so difficult- when obtained Residence Card whats the point of sending same papers again. Thats why it takes so long.

One more question- do I send covering letter/list of documents enclosed?

Thank you
AN and EU applications come under totally different regulations and laws, UK domestic (AN) versus EU (PR). Different UKVI Directorates deal with these matters and the two don't necessarily work together, so I would never rely on Nationality Directorate knowing what EEA Directorate have.

Cover letter is not necessary, neither list of documents - strongly advise you use NCS facility to ensure you keep your originals. A small extra fee but worth it.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

kiks
Romania

Post by kiks » Fri Nov 24, 2017 1:26 pm

Thank you for reply.

As advised I used NCS today. Lady copied all documents- but I asked if I can send bank statements as well- to save time originals not copies. So now waiting game begin.