ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR/Citizenship to child born outside/inside UK

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Jack&Jill
United Arab Emirates

ILR/Citizenship to child born outside/inside UK

Post by Jack&Jill » Mon Nov 27, 2017 3:20 pm

Hi,

I'm on Tier 2 General Visa. Child born inside UK and got passport and dependent visa. Child going to his home country for vacation.
1. Do child can apply citizenship from outside UK after I get ILR?
2. My partner whom she is also dependent for me since I was in Tier 2(not stayed outside UK more than 180 days), is she eligible to apply ILR from outside UK?

Please advice. Many thanks in advance.
Jack

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: ILR/Citizenship to child born outside/inside UK

Post by CR001 » Mon Nov 27, 2017 3:25 pm

1. Easier to apply either before they travel or when child returns to the UK as the child will have to submit biometrics.

2. No, your wife cannot apply for ILR outside the UK. It is only possible to apply WITHIN the UK for ILR. There is NO absence limit for PBS Dependents.

1. Do child can apply citizenship from outside UK after I get ILR?
2. My partner whom she is also dependent for me since I was in Tier 2(not stayed outside UK more than 180 days), is she eligible to apply ILR from outside UK?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Jack&Jill
United Arab Emirates

Post by Jack&Jill » Mon Nov 27, 2017 5:46 pm

Hi CR001,

You mentioned "Easier to apply either before they travel or when child returns to the UK as the child will have to submit biometrics."

My ILR is due on June 17 2018. My child is going vacation on January 12 2018. Is that possible to submit biometrics earlier?

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Nov 27, 2017 9:40 pm

You cannot apply to register your child as British BEFORE you have ILR so now, you cannot enrol biometrics as you have no application to submit.

I suggest you wait till the child returns. There is no shortcut, you need to have ILR before you can apply for citizenship for your child.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.