ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse Visa application from country other than current nationality

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

vhariece
Newly Registered
Switzerland

Spouse Visa application from country other than current nationality

Post by vhariece » Tue Nov 28, 2017 3:00 pm

Hello,

Is it possible to apply spouse visa from a country where the applicant is not a citizen of the country where she is residing now?
Here's the case:
I am a British Citizen, need to apply spouse visa for my wife who has Indian nationality. She is about to move to Swiss on her work through her company. So is it possible for her to apply for spouse visa from Swiss with Indian passport? If so, is It restricted to only few types of visa that she might hold. If this not possible, I have to first apply for her spouse visa from India but the problem is with the passport being submitted to UKBA for may be 2-3 months and hence cant process for Swiss too. I don't find anything on gov.uk website related to this.

Please help me.
Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Spouse Visa application from country other than current nationality

Post by CR001 » Tue Nov 28, 2017 3:10 pm

She can apply from any country where she has legal residence, i.e. NOT a visitor. If she has a work visa for Switzerland that will be long enough while she waits, then fine.

Remember too that if she gets a spouse visa, she will only have a 30 day visa in her passport and she must enter the UK within the 30 days to collect her BRP card with the full visa validity.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.