ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Evidence of family members remaining in your home country whilst you travel.

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

kalics
Newly Registered

Visitor's Visa for UK for a person with two names

Post by kalics » Wed Nov 15, 2017 3:43 pm

Hi all,

I have a situation that I hope you can help me with. I live in the UK with ILR.

My mother in law who lives in India, apparently is known by two different first names. On some documents she has got it as "Elizabeth" and other documents have "Alyson".

She got her first passport in 2016 with the name Alyson (without any reference to the other name!) She applied for Visitor's Visa to the UK in 2016 which got refused - reason being insufficient funds, and she did not include any property deeds or any address proof.

Now I want her to apply for Visitor's Visa once again, but adding the property deed so that she can prove ties to home country.

But the trouble is - on the property document (which was bought in 1990's) she has the first name as Elizabeth. So she couldn't really apply with the current passport. So if she gets a new passport with the name Elizabeth, and reapply for the Visa, adding the property deed, is she likely to get the Visa? Or the odds are more to get refused with the name change?

Can someone please advise. My wife is desperate to have her here :)

[I am discounting the option of changing the property deed to have Alyson as the name, at this stage because it's a bit of a nightmare to get it done in India.]

Many thanks in advance. I know it's a bit confusing case, sorry.

Route to ILR
Member of Standing

Re: Visitor's Visa for UK for a person with two names

Post by Route to ILR » Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:56 am

kalics wrote:
Wed Nov 15, 2017 3:43 pm
Hi all,

I have a situation that I hope you can help me with. I live in the UK with ILR.

My mother in law who lives in India, apparently is known by two different first names. On some documents she has got it as "Elizabeth" and other documents have "Alyson".

She got her first passport in 2016 with the name Alyson (without any reference to the other name!) She applied for Visitor's Visa to the UK in 2016 which got refused - reason being insufficient funds, and she did not include any property deeds or any address proof.

Now I want her to apply for Visitor's Visa once again, but adding the property deed so that she can prove ties to home country.

But the trouble is - on the property document (which was bought in 1990's) she has the first name as Elizabeth. So she couldn't really apply with the current passport. So if she gets a new passport with the name Elizabeth, and reapply for the Visa, adding the property deed, is she likely to get the Visa? Or the odds are more to get refused with the name change?

Can someone please advise. My wife is desperate to have her here :)

[I am discounting the option of changing the property deed to have Alyson as the name, at this stage because it's a bit of a nightmare to get it done in India.]

Many thanks in advance. I know it's a bit confusing case, sorry.
New passport with new name. Can u do it easily than the changing name in property deed? Passport office wouldn't raise doubt on her Identity? If let say u manage to change the name on the new passport. British High commission will take it very seriously. As some people deceived them in the past having 2 different name and 2 different passports

My advise is don't play these kind of tricks with British High Commission. In every form they asked about Other names( If u have one). Did she put her 2nd name there in the form?

Odds are more not only to get refused but Be prepared for 10 years ban. As they will consider it as deception.

U should had done your homework (which name should be in the passport ) before applying first visit visa for her.
Play safe.

kalics
Newly Registered

Post by kalics » Thu Nov 16, 2017 1:08 pm

Thanks for your response. I appreciate what you're saying.

if she applies for name change on the passport, i understand that she will get the new passport and will continue to have the old passport. So i was hoping to apply for the Visa by submitting both the passports together along with the property deed, whilst stating about the previous refusal also, so it can be a clean request.

If you still think it would be a problem, i may stay away from this approach.

Alternatively, if i stick with the existing passport, can you please advise how she can prove her ties to the home country or intention to return to home country- she was never employed, does not have the property deed (assuming she couldn't get the name change done there!)

My father in law is still employed. They have other daughters and grandchildren living back home.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Route to ILR
Member of Standing

Post by Route to ILR » Sat Nov 18, 2017 1:02 pm

kalics wrote:
Thu Nov 16, 2017 1:08 pm
Thanks for your response. I appreciate what you're saying.

if she applies for name change on the passport, i understand that she will get the new passport and will continue to have the old passport. So i was hoping to apply for the Visa by submitting both the passports together along with the property deed, whilst stating about the previous refusal also, so it can be a clean request.

If you still think it would be a problem, i may stay away from this approach.

Alternatively, if i stick with the existing passport, can you please advise how she can prove her ties to the home country or intention to return to home country- she was never employed, does not have the property deed (assuming she couldn't get the name change done there!)

My father in law is still employed. They have other daughters and grandchildren living back home.

Any advice would be much appreciated.
In every form they asked about Other names( If u have one). Did she put her 2nd name there in the form?

If she never mentioned the 2nd name in the form than forget about the name change in new passport and to show property deed. which carries little weight.

what is her husband source of income and how much money in his bank account? Open a bank account for your MIL and transfer the money from your FIL bank account to your MIL bank account and show the FIL employment and source of income and from where he got that money.

I know its not easy but that is the only way with no guarantee. As i said before it's not easy these days to get the visit visa.

kalics
Newly Registered

Post by kalics » Sat Nov 18, 2017 9:26 pm

Ok, thanks for your response.

She did not mention the other name in the previous application. So i will not bother about the passport change then. I will see what i can do to get funds in MIL account through FIL.

Thanks again.

kalics
Newly Registered

Evidence of family members remaining in your home country whilst you travel.

Post by kalics » Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:43 pm

Hi guys,

Hope you could help me with this.

I'm applying for a Visit Visa for my parents online (on their behalf). Last time it got refused with the reason "insufficient documentation to prove ties to home country". So this time i need to make sure they provide all the right documentation but I wonder what documents i can add for the below item on the checklist?

"Evidence of family members remaining in your home country whilst you travel."

My parents live in India and my brothers and their family all live in India.

Much appreciated.