ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR for Children

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ejirem
Newly Registered
Nigeria

ILR for Children

Post by ejirem » Thu Nov 30, 2017 2:34 pm

Hi guys,

Really need your advice here.

I am settled in the UK (ILR). I originally came on tier 1 with my wife and children. However, while my wife and I have our ILR we have allowed my children's resident permit to expire some 6 years ago. We could not afford to pay the fees then.

Now, we want to apply for ILR for them as we can afford it now. Should we apply using for SET(o) or do we have to regularise their immigration status first and then apply for ILR ?

We have been in the UK for 11 years continuously.

Thanks for your help.

vinny

Re: ILR for Children

Post by vinny » Thu Nov 30, 2017 2:59 pm

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

ejirem
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by ejirem » Fri Dec 01, 2017 12:31 pm

Thanks for your help. Have a great weekend.

ALI97
Pakistan

Post by ALI97 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:48 am

Hi ejirem
Did you applied for ILR for your children.?

ALI97
Pakistan

Post by ALI97 » Sun Jan 21, 2018 2:44 pm

Hi ejirem
You can try to apply mn1 child british citizenship application directly along with your nationalty application. As you have nothing to loose.this week my children mn1 application approved without ilr and their visa was expire as well at the time of mn1 decision.you can see all information by searching my postson on this forum