ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK Fiancée Visa for Russian Citizen, living in France

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Katie_France
Russia

UK Fiancée Visa for Russian Citizen, living in France

Post by Katie_France » Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:47 pm

Hello everyone,
I am a Russian Citizen, living in France. I met my fiancé (British Citizen) in January 2016 in London. I speak, read and write in English pretty well. We have met with my fiancé lots of times, and try to spend at least a weekend every 2 weeks, all our vacations together and all other time I/he can take off work.
We decided that it’s better that I move to the UK, as soon as he doesn’t speak French and it’ll take some time for him to integrate into the French society. We plan to marry in June this year in the UK. He is sponsoring my application for Fiancé Visa.
Although I should have probably written on this forum before, as soon as we have already submitted our documents, I am getting nervous so I decided to write now.
My questions:
1) Prove of our intention to marry. Both of us wrote a letter, confirming that we plan to marry. We included also a letter from my fiancé mother, confirming that we intend to marry in the UK. A weak point is that we haven’t booked any venue and any date with the registrar. Nice venue’s costs are pretty high in the UK, and for the summer time (we plan to get married in June), we will be required to pay a deposit. I wouldn’t wish us to lose this amount of money in case I will not be granted a visa. All I have added is a correspondence regarding booking a venue with one hotel. Nothing was booked yet…
2) Proving subsisting relationship. I have printed out my fiance’s visa to Russia, his boarding passes and plane tickets to France, about 15 pictures of us together with family and friends, our WhatsApp correspondence for the past 2 months, a few emails
3) Accommodation. He has his own house. We haven’t done any house inspection, but we submitted the mortgage details and his council tax.
The application process:
On 11 November 2017, we completed online application and paid for it. The costs for TLS Contact Paris were as follows:
1) Visa - EUR 1636
2) Priority – EUR 641,35
3) Walk-in without appointment – EUR 50
4) Keep my passport – EUR 59,37
In total EUR 2 386,72… I don’t know really who can afford to throw away such amounts of money and why the checks are so tough for people who can afford to pay it.
I visited TLS Contact Paris on 16 November 2017, they took my biometrics and scanned the documents, so I didn’t need to send anything to Sheffield.
17 November 2017 I received information email from Sheffield that my online application has been received at the UK Decision Making Centre, and that application is being prepared for consideration by an ECO.
Reading this forum, I understand that it’s better not to expect anything within 15 days time frame and get ready for the long wait…Now only 10 business days passed. I tried to look up official settlement visa processing time in Paris, but strangely enough, there is no data for that…
Thank you for taking the time to consider my post and I will keep you updated about my further achievements.

Katie_France
Russia

Re: UK Fiancée Visa for Russian Citizen, living in France

Post by Katie_France » Tue Jan 02, 2018 5:57 pm

Hello and Happy New Year to everyone!

Although I have paid for the priority service for fiance settlement visa, I am still awaiting the decision. In total it is 30 business days as of now since submitting biometrics and documents in the visa centre.

On 13th of December we decided to use a paid email enquiry, and since we haven't received the response, today I decided to call them. The lady on the phone told me that they cannot find application with this GWF number, and said that they will investigate the issue.

Now I don't know what to think. Could they lose our application? Why can't they see the status of the application?

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: UK Fiancée Visa for Russian Citizen, living in France

Post by Wanderer » Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:03 pm

Did you show payslips, contract of employment etc show he earned over £18,600pa for lat six months? Can't it in the list of docs you provided.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....